Job Description :
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job DescriptionDepartment Overview:
The Consumer Credit team is responsible for leading, developing and implementing strategic initiatives and processes to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance. The team is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to be part of the Credit Cards Risk Acquisitions team.About the Role
Primary role of the officer is to apply strong business knowledge and advanced analytical skills to solve business questions, think out-side-of-the-box and develop innovative yet practical risk management strategies impacting the bottom line of the business. An individual who is results driven, goal oriented, and enjoys a fast-paced working environment will find this opportunity both challenging and exciting.Responsibilities:
- The incumbent would functionally contribute as an SME to the Cards and Retail Services Acquisitions risk team and lead large and complex projects.
- Provides credit risk governance across assigned a specific business or functional role. Leads significant initiatives and processes, and partners with line of business management to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance. Acts as a subject matter expert for executive leadership on highly complex issues.
- Assesses and predicts risk and performance through business analysis and/or modeling. Establishes effective policies, processes, and tools to identify and manage risks. Uses predictive sciences for developing future ready solutions.
- Leads or assists in development of predictive strategies / solutions for new account acquisitions across underwriting, approve/decline, limit assignment, business rules development, product development support. Analyzes big data and understand / monitor trends to provide actionable insights across a range of risk analytics initiatives.
- Develop new and enhance existing models for managing fraud risk, payment risk, credit bust outs, credit abuse. Evaluate new data sources and attributes, internal and external from extensive case reviews for efficacy in models.
- Builds risk rating methodologies using advanced analytics approaches including statistical modeling and machine learning techniques, not limited to Random Forest, Decision Trees, Segmentation, and/or Time-series modeling. Expert in statistical softwares such as SAS, SQL, Python, E-miner, among others.
- Develops quantitative/qualitative models for forecasting losses in supporting portfolio planning, loan loss provisioning, or new account acquisitions. May provide input for CCAR, Basel and other regulatory submissions.
- Develop complex programming models to extract data and/or manipulate databases such as ORACLE, Teradata.
- Develops comprehensive monitoring frameworks and dashboards and provide statistically sound diagnostic evaluation of any emerging or unexpected risk areas to enhance intelligence and facilitate faster decision making. Reports on asset quality, portfolio trends, credit policy exceptions across various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, industry segments using visualization tools such as Excel VBA, Tableau and/or SAS Visual Analytics.
- Ensures resolution of matters requiring attention (MRA) from outside regulators, Audit, Corporate Model Risk or internal review teams. May partner with other business units, Audit, Legal, regulators, and industry partners on risk related topics.
- Leads implementation of complex initiatives with moderate to high risk for the line of business
- Lead project teams and may mentor but does not manage other team members.
- To be effective in this position, you will need to have a deep understanding of credit from an acquisitions perspective, a broad and strategic perspective on risk management, practice in the test and learn discipline for strategy development, and be fluent in both the key technical tools of credit risk decisioning and sound credit judgment
Market Skills and CertificationsEssential Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative fields such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- 8+ years of progressive experience in credit and risk analytics roles
- Hands on Experience in at least one area in credit risk analytics - credit strategy / modeling techniques / Forecasting techniques / data architecture & management
- Detailed understanding of risk domain Strong Risk analytics skills and understanding of P&L and risk drivers.
- Expertise in few programming and statistical packages - SAS, SQL, VBA, Macros, R, Python, E-miner, Tableau, SAS VA
- Knowledge of advanced statistical tools such as Segmentation Tools, Decision Trees, Clustering, Regression, and other statistical modeling and/or Machine Learning techniques
- Good knowledge of regulations - Fair Lending Act, CCAR, CECL as applicable.
- Ability to lead project teams and coordinate with multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in statistics/finance /engineering/economics/other quantitative disciplines
- Knowledge and understanding of (consumer and small business loan) credit card lending practices, policies, and procedures
- Ability to contribute to strategic decisions and coordinate with multiple stakeholders. Develop consensus and gain buy-in for strategic priorities
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 68445