Job DescriptionSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Consultant Specilalist.Why join us
Payments & GLCM Technology is a function within Global Technology at HSBC and governs multiple service lines globally with more than 1500 staff Payment Processing is the core engine that helps process bulk of the Cross Border and Domestic High Value, Low Value and Immediate Payments for the bank. Payment processing is the core area for bank, and has number of strategic programs lined up for next 2 years, including ISO integration which aims to deliver API interface to all payment applications, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for migrating payments data on cloud and applying analytics for business decisions and Real Time Payment (RTP) rollouts across major clearing houses. This sub-department has 3 Tier0 mission critical systems servicing all the business lines - GB&M, RBWM, Private Bank, Commercial Bank. Teams are lean, energetic, closely knit and shares excellent camaraderie. Payment processing is a critical function within the bank providing critical services like high/low value payment processing, investigations, sanctions screening, and SWIFT messaging services to the HSBC Global BusinessesThe Opportunity:
This position is to be part of High Value Fusion Team (GPS Fusion Team) to Implement Fusion product for Europe countries.What you'll do:
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- End to End responsible for delivering major product rollout for mission critical payments program - GPS Fusion for major countries of UK and Europe
- Accountable for managing the project progress, timelines, scope and cost for the programs.
- Manage and drive the change requests and accommodating them into the program timelines
- Lead the infrastructure planning and delivery, ITSA, Runbook preparation, implementation and post implementation activities.
- Act as single point of contact and management escalation for all the activities required for the product rollout
- Accountable for overall program cost
- Create implementation task for each of the changes in the release from respective technical teams
- Engagement of required and relevant teams required for implementation well in advance,
- Conduct weekly implementation planning meetings,
- Regular meeting with Release and Project Manager to inform them of the progress or any identified risk or issues.
- Facilitate the data requirements (like taking required data dump from production to test envs) wherever necessary
- Secure the required environment for dry run with the exact version of production
- Follow up and make sure CR\GSR\CO is fully approved.
- Prepare the total outage plan of the system and provide it to Change Management\Release Manager\Project Manager
- Represent the CAB, Update the H-View
- Prepare implementation communication plan for all the Support team, Stakeholders, Senior Management etc
- Execute and control the implementation plan on the Live date, Issue Check points, Prepare Implementation Issue Log
- Conduct Go Calls before the release for everyone agreement
- Conduct Go Call Post release updating issue in hand secure sign off from SwD\CD\Business Heads or teams
What additional skills will be good to have
- Proven experience on delivering large d critical applications, preferably in banking domain
- Demonstrated experience on managing high pressure and competing priorities in large d program
- Working experience in orchestrating and delivering in a matrixed organization
- Strong technical understanding of an end to end application components including front end/middle ware/ backend / database and connectivity with other applications
- Experience in handling product and resource vendor teams. Would be good to have working experience on managing a fixed priced contract
- Planning and Organization Skiils
- Strong leadership, Effective communication, Negotiation Skills,
- Risk Management and monitoring performance
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Experience in handling Implementations in Payments Area
- Open to working in UK/US shift, weekends
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***