Job DescriptionSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Consultant Specialist
HSBC Technology India (HTI) - Global Banking and Markets (GB&M) provides world-class software systems and solutions for HSBC Global Markets business. Fixed Income normally refers to debt markets under GB&M. This role is particularly for Fixed Income projects which facilitate market connectivity, pricing, RFQs and negotiations, processing and persistence of trades electronically for Rates, Credit and EM business covering bonds and derivative products.
The candidate would be responsible to deliver multiple services for the project with quality and efficiency coordinating with global stakeholders. The candidate should be able to work in a techno-functional role as an individual contributor responsible for architecting, designing and implementing solutions as a hands on contributor. He/she would be required to coordinate with global BA/PMs and Production Support teams. Proven track record of delivering quality server side java systems, excellent analysis and design skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are the essentials for the position.Requirements
- We are looking for an experienced Oracle with Application Support who will join our Risk and PNL team
- Responsible for the day to day support of Oracle databases. In line with the DevOps strategy you will work closely with the application and infrastructure POD SME's to ensure these critical services function to the required standards. Maintain and improve SLA's and ensure compliance to HSBC policies at all times. Actively participate to achieve organization objectives for efficiencies, innovations, and quality delivery.
- Perform pro-active analysis on day-to-day work, identify areas for automation, report and follow up on process or technical gaps, reduce repeat or false incidents, and standardise tasks/processes.
- Help Pods to own their own infra by providing required to truly work in DevSecOps Model
- Help pods to set up effective monitoring for DBs and Infrastructure.
- Required to work on weekends often at short notice.
- Identifying potential issues, reviewing solutions and recommending strategies for solving problems.
- Have good understanding of unix platform, which include exposer to VCS clusturing, FS extension.
- 5-10 years of IT experience as an individual contributor
- Participate in platform improvement initiatives like improvement of performance, production stability
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability
- Experience working in fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, presentation and analytical skills
- Must have strong experience of Oracle (v11/v12) on a LINUX platform including:
- Must have experience of Oracle database administration
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle Data Guard
- Perform Database software installation, upgrades and apply relevant patches
- Perform Database migrations - intra platform or inter platform
- Build and Deploy/Implement Solutions. Perform Capacity Planning and DR Planning
- Troubleshooting and fixing incident
- Clone one environment from another
- Database backup / restore
- Data Archival activities
- Assist the development community with the resolution of miscellaneous queries and problem
- Implementing releases / service request
- Keeping the systems up and running cleanly
- Performance and Tuning of database
- Scripting skills
- Experience in to unix platform.
- Have worked on VCS clustering.
- Experience in devops, setting up ansible,rundeck and automation of tasks.
- Konwledge of other DB technologies (Postgresql/Sybase/SQL server)
- Knowledge of Delphix
- Good understanding of Unix
- Experience of Vagrant, VM and scheduling tools (or ready to learn)
- Knowledge of Ansible/Puppet/ Rundeck
- Exposure to Fixed Income Cash and Derivartive products.
5-10 YearsYou'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to
grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.**Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***