Job Description :
Job Description/Responsibility (Individual contributor):
Technical Experience and other Skills:
- work as an individual automation tester with the WSC ETL team to understand the ELP framework and perform functional and operational testing of the tax bridge file loads.
- This will include:-
- Understanding the input data/layouts from each of the sources (SEI, T3K, GPL, ...)
- Verify data loads for tax bridge clients.
- to enhance the interface and customization capabilities to support additional requirements and deployments
- Work with the clients for acceptance testing by performing multiple refresh and reload of data.
- Use knowledge gained from above for all future tax bridge implementations and enhancements related with functional and automation test.
- New implementation for The Tax Bridge Output File for 1041 Fiduciary Processing. This is taking information from Compliance Plus and putting it back it the Thomson Tax Bridge file format for transmission back to an accounting firm.
- Participate in UAT phase of SEI batch processing and work with SEI to document the feedback.
- Involved in non-functional testing such as volume/performance for data bridge.
- Involved in on boarding of SEI banks and other Global Trust clients to consume in WSC Compliance Plus services.
- 3-4 years of experience in automation and maintenance of programs in Perl/Python/shell
- 3 years of work experience with UNIX /Linux environment.
- 2-3 years of database work experience with any major RDBMS. (Sybase ASE/MYSQL)
- Ability to understand enhancement requests for the existing products.
- Knowledge on any version control tool (Subversion preferred).
- Knowledge of NO SQL databases (MongoDB)
- Should have good understanding of QA methodologies and STLC.
- Financial Domain knowledge
- Should possess strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Have experience of different testing phases like sanity, functional, integration, regression
- Should be able to prepare test artifacts individually e.g. Test cases, Test plan, Test bed, Test data.
- Weekend support during tax season
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops understanding of and defines client products and services through information gathering sessions to determine how FIS systems must be established to meet client needs.
• Through data analysis, product mapping and interviews, gathers forms and data files from customer and assesses requirements for software utilization and discusses any software customization requirements with programming team.
• Creates data maps and transaction workflow documents showing exactly how every field of information will be converted. Data mapping forms the technical specification for the conversion and, in some cases, may generate code. Shares data maps with programmers, clients and others as appropriate to ensure successful conversion. Refines mapping through validation.
• As part of the conversion process, tests customized software against customer specific needs sharing reports and application specific data with customers that reflect how conversion data will be processed. Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements. Obtains formal customer acceptance of results.
• Examines client processes, forms and reports, determines operational needs and documents what software will do and all related processes, forms, reports, etc. to be used after conversion is complete.
• May develop new procedures with client to ensure FIS software is used appropriately.
• Carefully examines data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software and verifies and validates accuracy of data through the generation of a variety of reports. Validation may include completion of prior system to FIS balancing.
• Coordinates and conducts readiness review. This includes directing the customer in the preparation and execution of test scripts to verify accuracy of data, training and procedures, system set-up and reports. The readiness review process ensures the customer training and procedures, the system, and the conversion data are correct and ready for actual conversion.
• Customizes FIS software through the use of authoring tools to meet individual customer needs – modifies screens and data fields, creates new forms, screens, product sets, tables, etc.
• Throughout project, provides expertise to answer questions and guide clients in the use of the system.
• Conducts train the trainer sessions to instruct and train internal customers (employees) or external customers on changes, new systems or new procedures.
• Acts as an on-site resource during conversion and answers questions, troubleshoots problems as they occur, supports implementation of new procedures, conducts last minute training if necessary and provides support during conversion week. Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts, errors with the customer and obtains client sign-off. Coordinates and directs the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution, system or data changes and balancing adjustments.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Requires advanced working knowledge of FIS systems as well as the industries in which FIS competes for business
• Ability to understand, apply and explain concepts
• Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
• Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
• Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills
• Requires high attention to detail
• Positions involving data mapping require strong analytical and technical skills
• Ability to translate client requirements to technical specifications and communicate to technical staff
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing level professional role requiring high skill with extensive proficiency. Works independently with only administrative supervision and the ability to overcome major obstacles and recognize early when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. Wide latitude for independent judgment and is expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to negotiate complex processes and issues with others. Exhibits a detailed knowledge of specific applications and has profited from individual projects and various learning experiences to build up an ever-growing knowledge base of the system. Provides new and innovative alternative solutions to system challenges and brainstorms alternatives to a given problem. Contributes to the development, documentation and implementation of standards or guidelines.