About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesRisk Governance
- Align operational risk management approach across the cluster to the regional strategy Group ERMF and relevant RTF and oversee effective implementation at a cluster/country level.
- Ensure thatProperty staff including Supply Partners for the cluster understand fully and accept their risk management responsibilities in relation to ORTF and that the 1st line of defence are all competent in their risk management duties.
- Review Property Management Information across cluster relating to control effectiveness ensuring reporting of inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems to relevant authorities.
- Maintain and develop operational risk capabilities, skills and infrastructure to meet ongoing business needs and plans.
- Support Process Owners and SME%26rsquo;s in ensuring risks are suitably identified, assessed, controlled or mitigated, monitored and residual risks are maintained and reported for the cluster.
- Carry out a systematic program of risk-based peer reviews on critical processes and/or reviews based on thematic risks.
- Provide validation of control design and effectiveness across the countries in the cluster and report findings to Cluster and Country Heads of Property in the cluster and Regional Head of Property Operational Risk.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of the property conduct plan.
- Provide oversight of the Supply Partners assurance program for the cluster and ensure relevant monthly reporting of performance and findings.
- Support and collaborate with our SPM to ensure relevant risk data is included within performance reports.
Risk Control, Risk identification and Assessment
- Periodically assess the operational risk profile of the cluster and ensure it maintains alignment with Group%26rsquo;s risk appetite requirements.
- Accountable to validate and challenge the first line Process Owner completeness of risk identification, assessment, monitoring and control activities of gross and residual risks arising from their end to end processes and identify any gaps.
- Assess the control environment including, but not limited to, control design, control execution, control testing and control history.
- Recommend changes to the control environment or to work practice where necessary to reduce the level of operational risk exposure to within the agreed appetite.
- Assure compliance with Operational Risk Policy %26amp; Procedures as well as Operational Risk Type Framework.
- Review Residual Risk Acceptance record templates for all medium, high and very high country level Property risks to ensure appropriateness before submission to the relevant approving committees and/or persons.
- Assist in accurate classification and reporting of operational risk events and the appropriateness of mitigation actions.
- Challenge and constrain relevant Property activities where risks are not aligned with control requirements or risk tolerance.
Risk %26amp; Loss Reporting
- Ascertain and confirm that country risk registers; KRIs, KCIs, and CSTs are effectively implemented and reported in accordance with Group and Country local requirements.
- Periodically review operational risk assessments to ensure they appropriately reflect changes in the risk environment, mitigating controls and the progress of treatment plans.
- Work with country Property teams to review control and risk metrics in order to monitor KRIs and KCIs.
- Ensure a program of sample testing of control reviews is in place to ensure quality testing and a mechanism for tracking and reporting of actions for the cluster.
Strategy and Planning
- Approve the classification and accurate reporting (including escalations) of operational risks and losses for the cluster in EORP.
- Accountable to ensure Risk Events are investigated and root cause reports are completed and provided to the Cluster Head of Property and Regional Head of Property OR.
- Ensure the cluster establishes an executable assurance program designed to manage the control environment that ensures audit readiness.
- Ensure the strategic intent and agenda for operational risk is delivered within the cluster.
- Ensure the provision of suitable risk training and development to the cluster to ensure the requirements of the Group risk management process is embedded in all BAU activities.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regional Head of Property Asia
- Regional Head of Property Operational Risk Asia
- Property SMEs
- Supply Partner Managers
- Country Heads of Property
- Property RO, Process Owners (1st line)
- Property Cluster OR
- Business and Functional Heads of Operational Risk as applicable
- Group Internal Audit
- Governance Committees
Preferred Qualifications (experience more important than qualifications):
- Risk Management, Real Estate, Building Services, Business,
- CORENET MCR or working towards,
- Experience - Real Estate, Risk Disciplines
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.