We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD - thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Are you a data and a people person Here's your team. We manage and clean the data collected in a clinical trial - from the design and build of the database and edit checks, through the entry and cleaning of data to the final delivery of clinical trial data. We work closely with the project teams and clients to identify best practices and processes, meet and exceed our clients needs, and do the right thing to earn their trust.
As a Clinical Data Associate, you will help ensure the highest quality of data and effectiveness of CDM Projects. You will work to provide data entry and validation of CDM projects within a fast-paced environment.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Under close supervision, performs entry level aspects of the data cleaning process with a high level of accuracy and in accordance with GCP's and SOPS/WPDs to assess the safety and efficacy of investigational products and/or medical devices.
Identifies, resolves, and updates data discrepancies.
Makes changes to the data management database as required. Generates, tracks and resolves data clarifications and queries.
May implement CRF design in identified graphic design package.
High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Technical positions may require a certificate
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 4 years).
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Applies knowledge and skills in a highly organized fashion while adhering to regulatory guidelines, global SOPs and client expectations
- Strong attention to detail and skill with numbers
- Ability to use interactive computer programs
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a strong command of English language and grammar
- Good analytical /problem-solving skills
- Ability to work productively with direct supervision
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with clinical data and client's proprietary data
- Proven flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed
- Must demonstrate good judgment in making decisions
- Understands project protocol and Data Validation Manual
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. 10-20% annual possible.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.