Job Description for Chief Financial Officer
Must experience in Two Wheeler company at least 2 to 3 years
Business Controller, Taxation, Purchase, IT & Admin Support Employees
• To establish Systems and Processes, manage Investor Relations and deal with Regulatory bodies.
• Build long – terms vision statement for the portfolio growth.
• Drive relationships with banks; manage P&L and working capital flow.
• Would be responsible for Business Forecasting, Financial Reporting, Statutory Compliance and Taxation and Risk Mitigation.
• Would lead Strategic Planning, Budgeting, Integration, Cash Flow, Analysis, Investments, Audits, Accounting & Finance , and Treasury.
• Be a business partner to define business objectives and steer the results and support profitability and growth.
Qualification and Experience
CA/ MBA (Finance) with at least 15+ years of total experience, with overall exposure to Finance and Accounts and Taxation, Investor Relations, Fund raising, Working capital Management, Strategic Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting, Asset Management, Reporting Analysis and Taxation. Should have been in a leadership role for past 3 years of experience in F&A department.
Experience of working in a listed company would be preferable. Should carry experience in Investor Relations and Fund Raising.
Work Group (Interface)
Frequent Internal Interface: Business Leaders.
Frequent External Interface: Investors, Banks, Insurance Companies, Auditors, Consultants, Statutory Authorities
Detailed Responsibilities and Measures of Success-
Responsibilities Measures of Success
Strategic Financial Planning, Budgeting & Investor Relations
• Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting strategic initiatives.
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans and measure performance of the Organisation
• Drive financial planning and budgeting for Revolt in India.
• Develop financial and tax strategies
• Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
• Manage relationships with the Investors.
• Lead financial analysis and for a periodic reporting and review to ensure that functional objectives are aligned to the Company Goals and as per the guide lines.
• Improve financials through several initiatives including streamlining AR collections, reducing inventory lead time, minimizing fixed costs and improving Aftersales focus
• Monitor budgets and highlight/ rectify variances, seek approvals for funding and ensuring cash flow availability and utilization
• Coordinates with sales for pricing, setting up and monitoring the target credit and collection period, conduct cash planning, transfer pricing and forecasting
• Support the planning and rollout of quarterly and monthly major costs like dealer and sales incentives, marketing events Risk Management
Variances from budgets
Timeliness and Accuracy of financial reporting
Internal team Satisfaction
Accounting & Reporting
• Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
• Supervise preparation and reporting of monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual financial information to management, and statutory authorities
• Review Consolidated Accounts, assess & advise on new Accounting Standards, drive compliance with group financial/ management accounting, operating plan guidelines and standards
• Lead coordination of internal/ external auditors; provide resolution to auditor queries and implementation of improved systems (Internal Controls, Accounting practices, SoPs, Policies etc.) Timeliness and Accuracy of financial reporting
Timely resolution of audit queries
Working Capital Management
• Raise and manage Working Capital and Term Loan from local and global banks
• Recommend on working capital optimisation and company’s minimum cash requirements.
• Monitor the working capital position and requirement. Lead wholesale funding for dealers, ensure deployment of working capital through FDs
• Coordinate with banks and maintain strong relationships to ensure timely fund availability at optimal cost
• Manage relationships with Public Sector & Global banks, Rating agencies and Insurance companies Timely Fund Availability & WC Deployment
• Supervise budgeting and management of the direct and indirect tax liability through efficient tax planning and monitoring of procedural compliances required under the applicable laws and regulations
• Supervise the process of collecting, preparing and collating the information required for Tax Audit and coordinate with the Tax Auditors
• Align with all the global risk and compliance policies
• Develop and rollout local policies in line with global practices
• Communicate, implement and monitor policies Number of Non Compliances/ Penalties
Timely resolution of audit queries
IT and Purchase & Administration
• Supervise and manage the IT maintenance and support function including introduction of new systems and software and upgrades (if any)
• Supervise and manage the purchase of all indirect material and services
• Define, implement, review and monitor all payment approval processes, matrix & SOD Timeliness and Accuracy of financial reporting
• Business plan preparation and evaluation for all projects undertaken along with impact analysis for all finance related topics of budgets, tax, compliance, etc. Timeliness and Accuracy