Niche Search Services (NSS) invites applications for the role of Business Development Manager for an Indian subsidiary of Japan based Digital Transformation company. This role is going to be based out of Tokyo, Japan.
Reporting into the Sales Head, this key role will focus on business development and key account management in Japan. This is a newly created position. The person is expected to develop working proficiency in Japanese in 6 months’ time, language training will be facilitated and paid for by client of NSS.
- Meet annual targets
- Support Sales Head in pursuit follow ups, client interactions
- Bid management
- Build relationships and company brand
- Develop marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and demand generation.
- Delivery oversight for onsite(Japan) team in designated accounts
- 6 - 8 years of business development experience in Tier I/II IT services company. Degree in Engineering(must). MBA from top 20 Institutes preferred
- Self starter
- Must possess knowledge and experience in IT (Application/ IT Infrastructure/ Cloud Solutions).
- Impeccable organization and time management skills
- Ability to think strategically and identify opportunities
- Ability to leverage network of contacts to increase influence and accomplish tasks
This person must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand and drive towards the big picture. Strong technology understanding skills as well as communication skills are essential. The BDM should have an entrepreneurial mind-set but is at the same time very detailed oriented and structured. Good understanding of Manufacturing is an added advantage
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to take independent charge
- Cross selling and up-selling
- Demonstrated ability to close deals in USD 200K to 2 Million range
- Experience of working with diverse teams(age, gender, technology, nationality..)
Tokyo, Japan (Chennai till paper work is completed)
Selection / Interview process:
- 1st round – Interview with Managing Director of Indian subsidiary or equivalent
- 2nd round – Interview with Sales Head - Japan
- 3rd round – Other senior stakeholders in Japan if required. This may get merged with 2nd round depending upon logistics
- 4th round – HR round