Job Description :
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Were a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. Were guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Finance and Analytics Data Services, Master Data Management (MDM) team aims to improve the management and governance of PayPals core business information, such as payments, product, and accounting by bridging business functions and Operational systems. The MDM Business System Analyst (BSA) position requires a strong understanding of Master Data Management concepts, industry data standards, and data governance that support Finance operations. The BSA collaborates with Product managers, Operational Managers and external vendors to ensure consistent data management and accurate information flow to support core product functions, such as Payments, as well as Corporate functions such as Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, and Regulatory reporting.
The MDM Business System Analyst (BSA) position requires a strong understanding of Master Data Management concepts, industry data standards, and data governance that support Finance operations. The BSA collaborates with Product managers, Operational Managers and external vendors to ensure consistent data management and accurate information flow to support core product functions, such as Payments, as well as Corporate functions such as Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, and Regulatory reporting.
On the data side, the BSA will work closely with data engineers, data stewards, internal technical service centers, and business users alike to gather requirements on the governance and management of master data. This role will be supporting global stakeholders and domain leads across regions.
Because the position requires interaction with global teams, the BSA must be a self-starter with strong self-leadership, project/task management, and analytical skills and comfortable working with distributed teams without immediate, direct management oversight.
He/she must be able to contribute to programs/initiatives and collaborate with the Finance Analytics Data Services and MDM leadership team on behalf of the stakeholder community.Essential Functions (Tasks and Responsibilities):
- Data Lead for a subset of a domain (Area lead): Go to person for the data pertaining to a feature or a subject area within the domain. Build expertise on data relevant to subject area. Analyze and understand current state of the implementation to ensure that the context and implications of change are understood by the clients and project team.
- Requirements: Create and document solution(s) of medium to high complexity to meet end user requirements, including documentation of systems specifications. Conduct user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Execution: Manage project work through completion of delivery on assigned projects and ad hoc efforts. Support multiple projects simultaneously. Coordinate with internal teams and customers to launch solutions, ensuring execution of training and communication plans. Measure and document results of implemented solutions
- Data Analysis & Problem Solving: Ability to understand business problem and provide feasible solution meeting PP domain & technology requirements. Engage with business users on proof of concept efforts
- Technical Expertise: Facilitate / Engage technical discussion for their product. Proficient in the use of productivity tools necessary to capture requirements documents.
Preferred Technical Capabilities
- At least 4- 6 years past professional Business Analyst or consulting experience
: (past experience that will help this person be successful)
Desired Competencies: (Behaviors that will help this person thrive in our environment)
- Strong customer service skills ability to elicit and clearly document complex business requirements and reconcile differences between multiple business/technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding and experience of system and software development, technical application architecture design and testing methodologies
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly, managing their own progress on multiple projects/work streams at once
- Experience with master data and data quality in relation to product /data considerations is a big plus
- Experience managing small to medium projects is a big plus.
- Adapt learning new technologies and an end user perspective
- Proficient with MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Project management experience organizing tasks and tracking deliverables
- CUSTOMER FOCUS - Can establish effective partnerships with internal clients, dedicate to meeting their expectations and requirements where business values opinion of team member, is a trusted member of the working team, strong ability to work within a cross-functional team. Constantly aware of customer needs and upcoming strategy, plays vital role in establishing team presence in the customer space
- BUSINESS ACCUMEN - Skilled understanding of how businesses operate (both operational and analytical), can conduct analysis and offer solutions, articulating pros and cons of each, aware of business trends within business and industry, offers suggestions based on this knowledge
- PROBLEM SOLVING - Suggests possible solutions to avoid potential delays, has developed and presented many varied and unique ideas, makes connections among previously unrelated notions
- COMFORT AROUND HIGHER MANAGEMENT - Beginning to deal comfortably with more senior managers, beginning to understand how senior managers think and work, speak their language and craft approaches that respond to their needs. Can effectively interface at many levels, including top executives
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [Confidential Information].