Job Description :
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Were a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. Were guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
The Business system Analyst will directly report and support Sr. Manger of Finance Technologies in the development and execution of strategic transformation programs & initiatives, strategic engineering architecture design, resource allocation, and platform performance monitoring. Ideal candidate is a technologist who believes that use of technology is in its infancy and the best is yet to come. The Product owner (Business System Analyst) will be part of the Global Accounting & Regulatory Platform. The nature of role is strategic, analytical and highly collaborative, working with team members across World and also as a liaison for Global projects.
- Lead, develop, and grow a high performance, multi-function team of talented and passionate professionals, who are results driven to take the business forward and demonstrate superior leadership in line with the PayPal values.
- Undergraduate/ Master degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent from a leading university.
- 6+ years of post-college working experience as a Business System Analyst and leading large scale projects end to end.
- 4+ years of Hadoop experience is required.
- 2+ years of SAP Bank Analyzer/SAP HANA Exp is preferred.
- Preferred/Basic understanding ofPayments/Finance/AccountingIndustry Background.
- Must have demonstrably strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), to include speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Experience with databases, systems integration, application development and reporting.
- Works independently and able to make decisions quickly when necessary.
- Quick Learner with an ability to ramp up in technologies and modules to meet business needs.
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Maintain, track and collaborate with dev teams to ensure project estimation for delivery.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence, or similar User Story workflow and management tool is a must.
- Highlight the bugs and blockers and coordinate with the development and operations team to come up with the best solutions/fixes and document them.
- Work across internal team in various geo-locations across the world
- Drive For Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully is constantly and consistently one of the top performers very bottom-line oriented steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on whats important quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal eliminates roadblocks creates focus.
- Weekly and Monthly status reporting to leadership.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [Confidential Information].