At Capital One, we think big and do bigger things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card and financial services products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since.
Today, we are a progressive financial services powerhouse spanning Credit Cards, Auto Loans, Savings, and Commercial Banking and at the same time a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team with heart – a team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers world-class products & services impacting over 65 million customer accounts.
Still founder-led by Chairman and CEO Richard Fairbank, we dare to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way for our customers, the financial industry and for each other. Our goal is simple – bring ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to an industry ripe for change.
At DataLabs, Capital One India, we are at the cutting edge of solving some of the fundamental business problems using advanced data analytics, statistics and machine learning algorithms. We look at large volumes of data to derive valuable business insights and make decisions. We create patentable products by innovating in each stream that we work on. You will be challenged to think out of the box and create truly world class products and processes.
Here you’ll work in a fast paced and intellectually rigorous environment. You will have the opportunity to learn and to build deep expertise in core areas of statistical analysis and machine learning. The attributes we value most in our associates are curiosity, creativity and persistence!
As a Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Product: Perform modeling/analytics to assist new product and pricing strategies for various lending products
- Marketing: Support direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Help build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies
- Credit Risk: Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in a quantitative major from premier institutes like IITs IISC, ISI
- Work experience from similar companies preferred with relevant work experience in Business Analytic
- Experience: 0 to 5 years in Analytic.
- Qualification: B.tech from IIT, St Stephen college can also look B.tech IIT + MBA A,B,C,K,L. BSC from Delhi school of Economic. Fresher should be from B.tech (IIT) 2020 batch only.