About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
Responsible for planning, developing and managing the branch towards achieving sound profitable growth through the achievement of given revenue targets and delivery of quality service, ensuring efficient and consistent delivery of customer delight for all segments/ products and for striving operational excellence
SALES AND SERVICE OBJECTIVES
- Maximize sales performance to achieve given revenue targets of the branch and zone through liability products [Current /Savings /Term deposits], wealth management products and asset related products (secured, unsecured)
- Ensure effective Relationship Management by monitoring the movement of the top customers of the branch, devise and implement a customer acquisition and retention programme. Improve product per customer holding.
- Device strategies to counter competition and maximize market share in the Catchment area of the branch, by below the line activities and promotions.
- Provide support for new product launches, and champion new sales initiatives
- Collaborate with Segment to facilitate up- streaming of customers
- Ensure employees are adequately trained on all products/ processes and services facilitating first time resolution. Minimize rejections and customer complaints
- Monitor customer satisfaction survey ratings, net promoter score or any other survey/ feedback ratings taken from customers and ensure continuous improvement if below benchmark, sustain and better-quality service
- Monitor and track transaction volumes and ensure effective transaction migration to alternate channels of banking
- Ensure PFM, teller and service managers&rsquo productivity are at optimum levels
- He/She is aware of bank&rsquos Mis-selling & Sales Policies and ensure adherence all the times.
OPERATIONS AND COMPLIANCE
- Ensure satisfactory ratings in all internal/external audits conducted at the branch
- Ensure compliance to all Operations health documents like KCD/KRI/OPS manual, process notes and circulars issued from time to time. Perform regular KCS checks mandated
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of all returns both internal and statutory for sales and service
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all customer instructions as per applicable processes/ circulars
REVENUE AND COST MANAGEMENT
- Lead revenue generation and profitable growth by focusing on:
- Improved deposit mix comprising Current and Savings accounts
- Waiver Tracking and Management
- Non-funds-based income
- Ensure costs are managed within budgets
- Implement change initiatives in the areas of branch space rationalization/ optimization, transaction migration, systems implementation, process Re-engineering and premises reconfiguration
- Drive and embed a strong performance culture through inspiring, motivating and rigorous performance management discipline. Develop and build talents within branch through optimal resourcing, capacity planning, succession planning and engagements
- Achieve high employee engagement and satisfaction. Retain talent, check attrition
- Identify and address training and development needs of staff on an on-going basis
- Ensure that the Branch is operating at the approved headcount for Priority Banking and Preferred Banking
- Relationship Managers
- Implement all segment/ product initiatives in the catchment (PRB/ NR/ SME/ Mortgages)
- Jointly own the delivery of segment / product (PRB/ NR/ SME / Mortgages) objectives with the segment
- Ensure he/ she is fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to ORMA, Group Code of Conduct, KYC/CDD/EDD and Money laundering prevention and ensure compliance thereto. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported as per guidelines
- Premises management in areas of merchandising, housekeeping as well as store management. Branch upkeep and maintenance
- Responsible for health and safety for all. As part of the Health and Safety guidelines you should:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by your actions or your omissions Co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and safety in the workplace
- Ensure that your actions do not put others at risk Work in a healthy and safe manner
- Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner
- Report all accidents and incidents and bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
- As a manager you are also responsible for the health and safety aspects within your area of control. You need to ensure that:
- Your employees are adequately trained and supervised to perform their tasks in a safe manner and are free to raise any Health and safety issues and these issues are addressed appropriately.
- The contractors working in your area or for you are working in a safe & healthy manner.
- Graduate/ Post Graduate
- At least 7-8 years of overall experience with sound banking knowledge- all aspects of general banking, retail operations and credit operations / deposit and lending products / inspection and audit requirements, as applicable.
- Leadership skills, communication skills, relationship building skills, competitive awareness & benchmarking
- Customer Orientation and Business Focus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.