Job Description:Role/Job Title
- Branch ManagerBusiness
- Retail BankingJob Purpose
The role entails managing and scaling up the retail banking business for the branch by creating strategies to achieve growth targets for the branch by managing operations and resources in the most cost efficient and technology effective manner. It also entails developing constructive relationships with key local dealers and working closely with them to boost volume of business by establishing a strong foundation with them as their financial partner of choice. It is accountable to ensure expansion of branch footprint, product penetration and delivery of high-quality customer service. The role will closely collaborate with the product and operations teams to drive effective customer acquisition, servicing and deepening. It includes building up teams, systems, process and culture relevant to the branch network scale. The role has a critical responsibility contributing to the larger branch banking objectivesRoles & Responsibilities Key / Primary Responsibilities of the Role - List the primary deliverables
Secondary Responsibilities - List the deliverables other than primary, but essential for the role
- Own the P&L for the branch and direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, administration and sales
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Responsible for achieving overall product targets - CASA, Investments, Insurance, Trade Services, and TD & managing group business products like Business Banking products & other assets products (home loan, LAP etc.)
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs.
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws.
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company.
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration.
- Establish the Bank and the brand in the catchment area.
- Responsible for achieving overall branch targets and ensuring branch profitability.
- Cultivate relationships with individual and corporate customers'
Managerial & Leadership Responsibilities - (if applicable)
- Spearhead manpower planning, recruitment and training processes for both on-roll and off-roll employees to ensure high performing talent across levels.
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and guidance.
- Evaluate the feasibility of new initiatives in offering, channel & process point of view and ensure itsimplementation to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with other branch departments and functions to provide products and service offerings to the customer
Key Success Metrics
- Mentor and coach senior team members to percolate ethos of customer centricity, innovation, compliance and integrity.
- Create environment for team to focus on automation and digital enablement to fulfil customer’s needs holistically.
- Attract & retain best-in class talent to meet Bank's rapid growth targets
CA/SA and TD growth targets, Customer Acquisition targets, Product Cross Sell targetsQualifications
Graduate - Any discipline
Post Graduate - MBA FinanceExperience
Minimum Number of Years - 10 + years of relevant experience in Banking or allied BusinessIndustry -