About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesJob Purpose
To assist and advise the FinOps Head in all aspects of strategy development and planning, coordinating and leveraging internal resources to ensure all core KPIs are met in a timely manner. The job holder needs to display exemplary business acumen, strategic thinking and interpersonal skills in effective delivery of this role.
- Support in all aspects of running the function e.g. working with other members of the Management Team (onshore & offshore) on thematic work/projects/FinOps Strategy papers etc.,
- To put concept / theoretical discussions to implementable action through effective presentations, paper and models.
- To provide proof of concepts from themes, emerging scenarios, changes and processes through deep functional finance knowledge and see things end to end
- Manage the reasonable steps to ensure sufficient governance for areas on responsibility, including a Management Information process that will allow the FinOps head to receive appropriate and timely information from the Business / Function, in order to more efficiently allocate his / her time to matters of importance. The Management Information should include key metrics on functional finances, key risks & significant change programmes, people measure and should track performance, development & implementation of functional hotspots / objectives
- Assist the Management Team meetings that includes, co-ordination of meetings, setting the agenda to ensure coverage of BAU items but also strategic priorities, review of papers and follow up on key actions
- The role will include review of key projects / creation of papers highlighting issues of concern or note and dealing with various Business / Functional leads on the projects / papers to be submitted to ensure they are appropriate for the audience, address key themes/concerns and are clear on purpose
- Drive the Business / Functions communications agenda, working with the Communications team in the development and execution of the Communications plan to help ensure effective communication of key messages across direct/indirect team members and across the wider bank
Finance & Billing
- Key player to provide and consolidate input to FinOps operating model design in coordination with top team and with stakeholders in the Group and function
- Support of the Group&rsquos strategic direction and growth aspirations and align them to the delivery of FinOps and in line with GCFO guidelines from time to time
- The role would involve converting information to credible insights and that are presentable for Finance leadership and FinOps MT.
- Ability to provide proof of concepts from themes, emerging scenarios, changes and processes through deep functional finance knowledge and see things end to end
- Ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in Finance Operations for necessary controls.
- Provide an efficient and effective management direction for all processes and activities. Introduce and maintain high quality standards with respect to business priorities.
- Manage the end-to-end operating model for Finance operations, including refinement of a well governed operating platform through cross functional collaboration.
Business and Operations
- To have robust control on FinOps budget in partnership with functions CFO and ensure cost projections are managed effectively
- Provide financial transparency to GPO&rsquos and ensure that actual costs are kept within budget keeping in mind efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide adequate information on financial performance of the unit to GPO&rsquos on periodic basis
- To manage Target Operating Model governance to ensure that the unit is fit for purpose all times and to avoid any breaches
- Ensure service level agreements are implemented across GPOs and COEs with all service providers undertake frequent service review meetings to ensure adherence to the terms and conditions outlined in the SLA.
- Maintain appropriate fiscal rigour around financial expenditure, reviewing monthly financial performance and understanding the performance drivers
- Lead the stakeholder engagement to seek timely inputs, participate in developing business strategy and derive feedback on functional performance
- Ensure compliance of regulations, policies & requirements of countries & entities and reports and raise relevant risks to delivery by effective communications
- Optimise existing business processes leveraging various available resources to create a consistent and systematic method of review
People and Talent
- Have an oversight of Operational Risk function for FinOps
- Develop and implement strategies with respect to governing Transitions, Operations, Operational Risk and FinOps governance
- Track program progress and status and identify key information that require management attention and need to be discussed in governance meetings.
- Lead all discussions between FinOps and countries for all support activities under remit
- Run various Compliance and governance forums
- Track people strategy across FinOps that will have framework to hire, retain and develop talent across countries & offshore locations.
- Work with HR to enhance the talent / skill sets to meet the growing complexity and ensure that right talent is attracted and retained for all key roles and work with HR to structure right compensation for the division.
- Actively trigger any talent loss through hotspot attrition for the function.
- Develop communications strategies and plans that deliver timely and relevant messages to the right stakeholders through appropriate activities and channels.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partner in understanding people priorities & creating, tracking and governing all people actions & people metrics.
- Collaborate with various functional teams to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the actions to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Operation of Financial Markets Financial Crime Prevention The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Head, Finance Operations
- FinOps Leadership Team - Global Process Owners (GPOs), Heads of COE&rsquos & Head of GFS
- CFO&rsquos & Financial Controllers
- GCFO leadership in group and country (where required).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group&rsquos brand and values in FinOps,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- 15+ years of IT and business/industry work experience in the financial services domain. Strong business acumen.
- 10+ years of experience in program / project management.
- Relevant business/function experience in Finance Operational risk or Audit of 5+ years
- Strong analytical skills, Presentation Skills, interpersonal skills & results orientation &ndash Must
- Strong influencing skills and strategic outlook
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing).
- Excellent proficiency in writing white papers, designing presentations
- Experience managing complex/multi-year programs across multiple projects highly desirable.
- Highly organised and good multi-tasker.
- Has attention to detail and is able to understand the impact each detail may have on the overall program success.
- Proven ability to identify key risks to the program and jointly with the program director develop a mitigation strategy.
- Superior analytical problem-solving ability for dealing with escalated issue from projects under the program umbrella.
- Excel at preparing & presenting powerful business analytics & strategy papers using PowerPoint Presentations
- Solid experience in the development and delivery of training sessions and demos.
- Proven record in working with vendors that may have differing priorities.
- Pragmatic team player and multicultural awareness.
- Highly customer-focused and experienced in stakeholder management across organisational levels. Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels with business, technology and vendors.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to tailor the message to the audience (business vs. technical teams executive leadership vs. working teams).
- Ability to influence program stakeholders and delivery parties to ensure close collaboration towards the program&rsquos objectives.
- Knowledge of resource management tools (e.g. time and expense tracking software).
- Strong financial management skills to manage the program budget.
- Ability to mentor, coach and effectively transfer expertise to others.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and conflict management skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.