About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
Standard Chartered&rsquos HR function is undergoing a transformation with an emphasis on developing strategic relationships while providing focused and strategic insight enabled by the implementation of Success Factors tools. This role is key in the implementation of Business Intelligence solutions across a set of reporting platforms to support the wider change agenda.
- Implement analytics in support of strategic objectives, supporting the strategy and working with the team to implement best practice and aligned product sets.
- Develop products and solutions focussed on extracting meaningful value from data working in a complex matrix.
- Provide recommendations on areas for improvement, understanding requirements and aligned to strategy
- Work closely with Business Analysts to clarify requirements, working agile and focussing on product development of MVPs and continuous improvement.
- Understand the strategy, the roadmap and strategic priorities and ensure all delivery is aligned, standardised and supportive of the agenda.
- Current on new research, benchmarks, analysis and capabilities in the analytics and data science space and able to implement into day to day delivery.
- Utilize statistical methods and analysis techniques to identify patterns in large data sets and communicate the results to various stakeholders.
- Be able to use technology to visualise complex data problems into easy to comprehend analytics and solutions.
- Client focus in line with WMA strategy is critical, balancing the line between implementing standards and responding to business requests in a sustainable way
- Coordinate and interface with Product Owners and other developers and systems that require application-specific services.
- Participate in technical, and programmatic meetings and contribute to resolution of issues
- Develop and review technical and programmatic documentation
- Ability to clearly call out when projects are not as per plan and provide stakeholders and partners the opportunity to revisit the issues and agree new timelines
Should have good knowledge on Data warehousing principles, SQL & TeradataEDMRegulatory & Business Conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Educated in Computer Science, Mathematics, statistics, Artificial Intelligence, or related but this can be substituted with excellent capabilities.
- Knowledge of the latest developments in the analytics community (methods and tools) combined with the ability to decide which of these are most relevant to SCB and translate them into opportunities. You have an in-depth understanding of algorithms like Random Forests, Neural Networks, MCMC, reinforcement learning and NLP
- Work experience in the Data Science field a strong plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and technical communication skills
- Strong aptitude for efficient and effective problem solving
- Excellent estimating and planning skills
- Extensive knowledge in various BI tools such as MSTR/Tableau/Qlikview/Power BI
- Experience of working with R, Python or other programming languages
- Experience in deploying data analytical frameworks.
- Experience and understanding of advanced analytics methods and technologies.
- Expert knowledge in data analysis, data integration, data modelling, database design, and data warehousing technology
- Experience in writing custom logics and expressions for creating complex visualization dashboards
- Expert knowledge of reporting and ETL tools
- Strong statistical and analytics skills in People metrics
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions
- Ability to Recommend the best practices and developing the reusable reporting components
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies as part of SDLC Experience with data mining and analytics of separate data sets
- Ability to interface and document designs in UML
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.