- Role & Responsibilities
- Establish a vision for implementing end-to-end agile DataOps based software development life cycle with end-to-end automation in mind (Tools & Processes)
- Confidently and tirelessly drive and promote best practice Software Configuration Management and DataOps and DevOps toolchains and methodologies for the control, build, test, packaging, configuration, release, and monitoring
- Work with development teams across multiple organizations to drive automation, establish software standards, service modularity, code reuse, testing, and deployment/management of all code components.
- Work with data engineering, product management, and operations teams to establish standards and repeatable processes for managing change, and brownfield upgrades across different environments.
- Focus on the fine details of assembling different interrelated components and streamline the release management process of data products
- Develop self-service solutions for the engineering teams to deliver software with excellent quality and speed. Also involve in designing and developing scaling strategies, automation scripts, and solutions to implement, streamline, and executing the software
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices and conduct research, tests, and execute new techniques which could be reused and applied to the software development project
- Communicate effectively at various levels, translate needs, and synthe high-level designs/processes, guide agile iteration sequencing, and drive overall outcome with scrum teams.
- Clearly and effectively work and communicate with other team members, management and with customers
- Strong ability to engage with the platform/product teams through discovery, analysis and planning activities
- Exposure to Continuous Development Tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, TFS or Bamboo.
- Machine learning model life cycle management tools like MLflow and integration with CI/CD tools
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration services and supporting development tool.
- Exposure to configuration management systems such as Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- Knowledge of Docker and Docker orchestration tools
- Knowledge of resource monitoring systems
- Strong hands-on scripting knowledge and experience - e.g.: Python, Perl, BASH, PowerShell
- Ability to scope and estimate technical builds
- Effectively conduct architectural reviews
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Design and Build environments in the Cloud (primarily Azure)
- Leverage Azure technical knowledge to ensure the environments are built right using best practices such as Infrastructure as Code, Security, Tagging and high level of automation.
- Design & Develop an Azure DevOps pipeline to support a true CI/CD pipeline to enhance the value delivered to Engineering and Business.
- Provision and Manage Cloud environments (Azure).
- Proactively share knowledge on DevOps best practices, tools and emerging technologies.
Must have Skills:
. 8+ years of Designing and implementing end to end automation
. 4+ years of experience with one or more continuous integration and continuous deployment tools
. Experience with implementing solutions for machine learning development life cycle and ML model deployment
. An expert understanding of software development lifecycle and release management
. Proficient in PowerShell and authoring ARM templates
. Good Understanding of Azure Infrastructure, Azure Monitors - Azure Monitoring, Log Analytics, Alerts, Metrics, Azure Management/Governance, Policy, Blueprints, Management Groups, Azure Automation
. Minimum 5 years of experience in Cloud technologies with at least 2 years working with Azure.
. At least 4 years of experience implementing and supporting CI/CD for Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Synapse, Power BI, Functions (python), Data Lake, Event Hub, IoT Hub, Kafka, Azure ML, Cognitive services, Analysis services, HD Insights)
. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, computer science degree preferred
Nice to Have Skills:
. Experience with several automation tools (Git, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker etc.).
. Experience with Programming languages such as C#, PHP, Ruby and Scripting languages such as Power shell, Python, Perl.
. Experience defining integration architecture, messaging development (Kafka, Events, IOT HUB) and Streaming APIs.
. Partner with Subject-Matter-Experts (SMEs) throughout the global technology team to design complete, detailed solutions to complex problems
. Ability to influence and provide technical direction to the members of the agile team.
. Proactive team player with the ability to work in a globally dynamic environment.
. Ability to handle multiple tasks/subprojects simultaneously, organizational skills.
. Good written and oral communication skills.