AWS and Linux Administration
Experience: 4-7 years
Role Location: Chennai
The Key Requirements For The Role Are:
- Configure and maintain application servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Manage MySQL databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Installing and maintaining the LAMP server stack.
- Provision and manage cloud-based services.
- Installation and configuration of internally developed and third party commercial & open source application software in our test and production environments.
- Support development and QA across various projects to satisfy their day to day needs.
- Reviewing system and application logs, looking for any potential issues and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Managing and implementing large scale distributed systems.
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Gather regular performance statistics using automated scripts or tools and present to reporting manager upon request or agreed regular intervals.
- Check and ensure that the backups taken as per the backup policy are successful and are of usable quality.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of major incidents and recurring problems with web and database services and recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Strong knowledge of RHEL/CentOS 5/6/7 in an enterprise environment.
- Fluent in Apache web servers and Nginx.
- Experience working on high traffic B2C or B2B websites
- Good Knowledge of LAMP stack implementations
- Experienced or extremely familiar with Jenkins and the AWS service such as EC2, VPC, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, ELB, Auto Scaling, ECS, CloudFront, Lambda, CloudFormation, and S3 etc.
- Experience configuring, managing and maintaining MySQL.
- Experience running applications and systems in Amazon Cloud environment.
- Strong Scripting skill in one or more of Perl, Python or bash/shell.
- Experience with software management – installations, patching of OS/apps etc.
- Experience working with monitoring tools Nagios, NewRelic, ELK Stack and Zabbix.
- Knowledge of Clusters, Storage, Backups, Data Export/Import, Monitoring tools and disaster recovery.