Job DescriptionExternal Taleo / External Job BoardsSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.Why join us
The Opportunity: (Brief Overview of the Role)
- The role requires a sound understanding of global credit markets, with a focus on US IG credits and including analytical ability to tackle lower rated credits
- Ability to liaise with trading desks to ensure timely and accurate delivery of tasks / projects identified
- High analytical skills, problem solving ability, strong written and verbal communication skills is paramount
- Individual will be required to work extensively in an integrated team environment with the onshore IG Trading team based out of US and provide analytical support
- Work on multiples tasks/requests and ability to prioritize the work flow and meet pre-defined deadlines
- Be open to working varied shift hours/days based on business requirements
What you'll do
- Real time analytical support on credit situations to the trading desk, by analysing a variety of credit situations. Core product outputs being credit 'Tear Sheets' and 'Financial Models'
- Provide high quality credit analytics with granular views around credit situations, where a deeper level of understanding is required / for key desk axes / positions. Depth of analysis, foundation for recommendations and clarity of opinions are critical
- Formulating a high quality RV opinion on credits and defending those opinions in both oral & written communication
- Keep the desk up to date with specific news flow
- Preparation and formatting of presentations / management information for desk use
- Collating information / data sets primarily using Bloomberg and other databases
:Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areasTypical Targets and MeasuresImpact on the Business:
- Perform in-depth analysis of financial statements, company profiling, data mining and analysis, preparation of presentations/reports
- Monitor the market for news flows and events and provide commentary
- Maintain internal databases and ensure data consistency and accuracy
- Multi-tasking by working on multiple tasks/assignment simultaneously
Customers / Stakeholders:
- Accurate reports with consistent formatting
- Manage strict timelines and proactively manage work priorities so that the work remains relavent.
- Key resources in Credit Trading in Hong Kong - including Regional Heads and associated resources
- Internal Collaboration - Develops close and effective working relationships within respective Regions/ Countries/Functions /Businesses
- Leads a Customer / Stakeholder-Centred Culture:
- Champions the development and delivery of initiatives to deliver outstanding customer service and improve customer / stakeholder advocacy
- Proactively leads research into external markets and competitors to identify and share ways to differentiate and deliver value to our customers / stakeholders in line with HSBC strategy
- Promotes the most appropriate and sustainable solution for our customers even when this may not be the most profitable short term solution for HSBC
- Deepens customer / stakeholder insight by gathering information from many sources and uses it to shape HSBC's approach to our customers / stakeholders
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Feedback from Key Markets stakeholders
- Ability to turn around deliverables within pre-decided deadlines
- Responsible for ensuring seamless communication and teamwork between resources in Onshore locations and counterpart resources in Bangalore
- Builds strong relationships with counterpart resources in Onshore locations
- Build relationships with Global Front Office
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Establishing robust and sustainable markets capability in service centre
- Effective support within the team and ability to step up
- Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve quality or the way teams and individuals work together
- Suggest trading strategies, balance sheet optimisation and liquidity management ideas
- Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures
- Apply policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
- Process improvement initiatives
- Feedback from front office
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- A rapidly changing regulatory environment with extensive impacts on the Markets businesses
- A high risk and sensitive set of functions potentially to be offshored so it is critical there is no negative business or client impact
- Increasing focus on business continuity delivery
- Availability of appropriate resources and conflicting priorities across the business
By the end of 2016 the GBM footprint across the GSCs will be over 7000 FTE across 7 centres and 6 countries. The Service Centres will be supporting all business lines within GBM including Markets, HSS and Banking. Within the GBM Service Centre responsibility is also some of the global functions support for the businesses including for example Wholesale and Traded Risk.
The Markets Front Office roles need to be integrated in to the wider GBM Service Centre structure whilst ensuring appropriate segregation with an effective support structure both within Markets as well as the wider GBM and HOST structures.Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet , lending/expenditure limits, /volume of transactions, budget)
. No specific budget responsibility QualificationsWhat you will need to succeed in the role:
Link to Candidate User Guide:
- Bachelor's or equivalent University degree, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience as a credit analyst / M&A analyst / ratings analyst / Leveraged Finance analyst
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with senior management globally
- Work within the US credit market timings
- Able to understand complex and diverse instruments
- Attention to detail and ability to ensure that information is captured in a timely manner
- Proven ability to prioritise workload effectively in line with business priorities
- Able to work independently, proactively and under pressure against multiple deadlines
- Ability to run simple code in VBA desirable with some working knowledge of Python
- Team player, collaborate with teams in Bangalore and other hubs to intiate and lead new ideas/projects
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Go to the below link and type 'IND GSC: IJP Applicant User Guide' in search bar.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***