About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesBusinessImpact & Value:
- Re-engineer legacy applications and build state of the art platform
- Envision Credit Origination 2.0 platform and align it with Bank&rsquos NextGen technology vision
- Consistently leads delivery of valuable features
- Continually looking for process improvements
- Proposes new ways of doing things
- Suggests novel ways to fulfil requirements
- Helps elaborate requirements where necessary
- In depth knowledge of IDE, language and toolset in language of choice.
- Excellent understanding of language & framework and a good working knowledge of the abstraction layer underneath
- Understanding of threads, threading model and concurrent programming
- Can profile and optimize code
- Good knowledge of other programming languages & paradigms and when to apply them
- Comfortable debugging/finding complex problems
- Can identify and apply appropriate design patterns to problems.
- Comfortable developing large features
- Understands Idempotence
- Understands boy scout principle. Leaves code in a better state then when arrived
- Good understanding of cohesion, SOLID and how to apply
- Writes clean, maintainable code
- Understands importance of domain model and can coherently model a problem domain within a given context
- Anticipates medium term (3-6 month) vectors of change and designs and abstracts accordingly
- Understands & appreciates simplicity & the value of removing code
- Understands design patterns such as CQRS and eventual consistency
- Understands how to design for performance at all levels
- Automates everything by default
- Can build a CD pipeline
- Automates security scanning and performance testing as part of build
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review), set and monitor team standards.
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Focus on reliability, performance and availability
- Good grasp of multiple operating systems
- Good grasp of scripting techniques
- Expertise in one database & good grasp of multiple data storage paradigms and when to apply other technologies
- Understands and can automate paas technologies
- Understands when to apply appropriate infrastructure technologies.
- Understanding of network communications, including TCP/IP, HTTP protocols
Behaviours & Collaboration:
- Writes Secure code by default
- Can use tools (nmap/metasploit etc.) to perform deep security probes
- Understands server hardening
- Understating of security principles using SSL protocols and data encryption
- Leads group discussions on design of particular areas
- Comfortable presenting information
- Gains buy in from team and drives design
- Mentors and develops those around them
- Understands domain well enough to work with PO to drive value
- Shares knowledge with wider community
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Follow the SDF process as per SCB standard
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:Strongly competencies:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
We are looking for Language agnostic people however, below is the end to end tech stack we intend to use for developing our Credit Origination platforms.
- Java/ J2EE, Spring, Struts, Hibernate
- Reporting tools &ndash OBIEE
- BI tools - Informatica
- Hands-on skills in J2EE specifications like JAX-RS, JAX-WS
- Cloud Solutions &ndash Openshift or AWS
- Containers Management &ndashusing tools like Docker, Rocket and Drawbridge
- Elastic Scaling &ndash using tools like Nginx, HAProxy or PAAS like Openshift
- Dynamic Discover &ndash using tools like Zookeeper or Etcd
- Configuration Management &ndash using tools like Zookeeper, Etcd, Spring, Puppet/Chef, Ansible
- Continuous Integration &ndash using tools like Maven and Jenkins
- Continuous Deployment &ndash using tools like Jenkins, Nolio or Go
- Assembly Development &ndash using frameworks like Apache Camel or Node.js
- UI Development &ndash using frameworks like Node.js, REACT, AngularJS or Backbone
- IDL Definition &ndash using tools like RAML or Swagger
- Code Development &ndash using IDE&rsquos like Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Web API&rsquos &ndash for Information Exchange
- Collaboration &ndash using tools like Git-Hub and JIRA
- Hands experience and Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Strong in Oracle or SQL Server PL/SQL development and designing data model.
- Understanding of continuous build concept and usage with maven, sonarqube or other related tools
- Web services, API design, Defining Specification using swagger/RAML.
- Dev Ops Tools and CI/CD Processes &ndashGitFlow, BitBucket etc.
- Experience with automated test configuration.
- Good to have experience in containerization technologies - Kubernetes
- 12+ years of experience in developing java web applications/micro services.
- Bachelor&rsquos in engineering or equivalent
- Master&rsquos in engineering desirable.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.