The Role Responsibilities
CDD SME (Subject Matter Expert) is a specialist role and act as the main contact point for policy and process related support and guidance to CDD Execution Teams (CET) which are a part of the CCIB segment for Institutional clients. Role requires strong CDD/AML knowledge with extensive experience in the Due Diligence process of Institutional Clients. The CDD SME will be required to work along with Client Lifecyle Design Management (CLDM) Project/ Policy Implementations/ Governance teams, Business, Business Support Functions and FCC Teams Strategy
This role works within the CDD Execution Teams (CET) acts as a central point of contact for policy and process related support and guidance to the CET teams. The CDD SME will be accountable for
- Provision of subject matter expertise to change or streamlining initiatives
- Work closely with CLDM Project/ Policy Implementations/ Governance teams, Business, Business Support Functions and FCC Teams
- Work with CLDM teams providing with support on change initiatives
- Knowledge and quality management
- Proactively identifying opportunities for process efficiency, identify inherent risks of gaps in a policy or process,
- Support the CLDM team in driving change initiatives related to policy, process, systems and assist with identifying opportunities for improvements and potential risks or gaps in the initiatives
- Provide advisory support on complex KYC cases in line with SCB policies/ Processes and regulatory requirements
- Act as an enabler towards achieving the quality standard of the CIB CDD portfolio is maintained within acceptable parameters as defined by Group and CIB CDD policies and guidelines, Local Country Standards, and business strategy
People & Talent
- Assisting in the implementation of policy or systems related updates/enhancements.
- Keep abreast of policy/ process and systems related to CDD BAU and upcoming changes to the same
- Review & validate Business Impact Analysis (BIA) for policy/ process/ systems changes or enhancements (including impact on the End User)
- Take a lead to enable the implementation of policy/ process/ system related changes in CLDM domain by liaising with GPOS and Policy Implementation and Change/ Project teams
- Responsibilities will relate to the entire CDD portfolio for regions/countries under supervision
- Work in collaboration with CDD, CLDM, Risk Managers, FCC, IMO, GPSCU, CBRFCC, and RM Teams
- Provide support on an ad-hoc CDD remediation project across regions
- Own the development and maintenance procedures/ manuals and other process aids. Ensure DOIs, Process Guidance are updated in line with system/ process and policy-based requirements. Ensure that these artefacts are accessible and clearly articulated to enable efficient operationalization. Highlight any deficiencies/ issues to the relevant stakeholders suggest solutions resolve
- Ensure that standard conventions and tools are used in the documentation of processes, such as policies, checklists, forms, process maps etc.
- Document process changes and workarounds on timely basis thus ensuring that the DOI&rsquos and Cheat sheets are kept up to date.
- Review the availability of process documents on a recurring basis to ensure that the most recent version is available.
- Work with training and regional CET stakeholders to constantly improve and maintain best in class training and policy dissemination model.
- Conduct new joiner training programs, technical refresher training to ensure successful knowledge transfer and achievement & shortening of learning curve targets. Work with local L&D teams to facilitate training needs analysis
- Undertake dipstick check/ Root Cause Analysis/ Calibration to identify issues related to quality, awareness, knowledge and provide customized solutions based on the issues/ gaps identified (including targeted refresher training)
- Build/ manage and effectively engage key stakeholders across CET, Middle Office, Operations, Compliance, FCC and CLDM teams to deliver workstream outcomes
- Provide suggestions/recommendations to enhance the quality of training materials/ process and programs.
- Responsible to oversee new joiners induction and progress to ensure they are meeting the learning curve and periodically track the learning curve and training program to improve speed to desk.
- Additionally Support the SME head in maintaining oversight on all BAU related matter and natural back up for SME head.
- Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Identify any policy/ procedure gaps/ defects (where appropriate) and direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to all the relevant stakeholders.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure robust and effective governance of tasks and processes with reference to internal policy and external regulation ensuring day to day activities are in full compliance with guidelines
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- CDD Execution Teams, CBR FCC Teams, Group PEP and Sensitive Sanctions Client Unit, FCC Teams, CLDM Project Management/ Change Management/ Business Analysis Teams and Middle Office and Relationship Management Teams, CDD Risk Managers, Policy Implementation and GPOS teams
- Understanding of KYC, AML (Anti Money Laundering) & Sanctions, and Financial Crime (FC) regulatory requirements
- Good Knowledge of wide variety of client types and corporate structures, policies, and regulatory changes.
- Hands-on experience as a Subject Matter Expert with an eye for detail and a proactive, self-managed working style supporting change projects across people, process, technology, information with an ability to articulate complex ideas in layman-friendly terms.
Good to Have
- Minimum 12 years of End-to-End CDD Experience or equivalent process specializing in Due Diligence on Corporate, Commercial, and Institutional Clients (CCIB) or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills oral, written and presentation able to effectively engage, influence and manage stakeholders.
- Able to articulate complex policy/ procedure related guidance/ advice in layman terms to for effective operationalization.
- Knowledge of the CDD policies/ procedures and associated systems / processes and of the different CDD requirements of different countries/ jurisdictions.
- Eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and the ability to effectively present insights at an executive level.
- Ability to manage pressure, support and motivate teams and operate as a team player.
- Ability to take initiative, identify opportunities and work with minimal management oversight to drive the best possible outcome.
- Problem Solving Skills ability to think &lsquoOut of the Box and independently work around issues that arise from time to time.
- Experience supporting change and transformation projects, while working with support consultants, technical experts, compliance, and project team on transformation projects.
- Experience in reviewing, drafting DOI, procedures.
About Standard Chartered
- Experience in risk management field and proven ability to support the business activities while robustly applying risk management disciplines and controls.
- In-depth AML knowledge and/or relevant certification.
- Leadership experience
- Experience supporting remediation project
- Hands on experience working on JIRA, Confluence.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website