Job Description – Hedge FA
Details of required position
Position(s) Reports to: Vice President - Hedge Fund Accounting
Profession: Fund Accounting
Functional Title: AVP – Hedge Fund Accounting
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Work Location: Pune, India
The successful candidate will join the Fund Services team as an AVP – Fund Accounting and will be closely working with Client Service Managers based in Europe/Singapore/US regions in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of Alternative Funds. Candidate should have around 9 plus years of relevant experience in the Administration of Hedge Funds and NAV calculations.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Planning, scheduling and managing the daily workflows of all client deliverables within the team.
• Responsible to review/prepare the NAVs of the hedge fund clients on a daily/Monthly basis.
• Prepare Cash/Position/Market Value Reconciliations and resolving breaks. Notify Clients/CSMs of valid breaks. If break are due to an erroneous or missing transaction in Accounting system, then make necessary adjustments
• Reviewing pricing of the portfolio and analyzing the pricing exceptions if any.
• Reviewing the corporate actions booked in the system and ensuring that the same is correctly reflected in the books. Dividends/Interest Reconciliation with Broker reports
• Responsible for accruing/amortizing daily or monthly non-security related Fee accruals including management fees and financing accruals.
• Process non-automated transactions including OTC derivatives and their related cash movements.
• Effective communication with clients on daily reporting of Estimates/NAVs/Query resolutions.
• Checking that all OTC products traded by the client have been booked correctly.
• Booking of Capital Activities of the fund.
• Finalizing the month end NAV of the client and providing Investor Level Allocation reports at month-end.
• Providing support in Audits for funds in the preparation on financial statements. Complete audit reviews and ensure identified issues are documented and tracked to closure.
• Support operations on projects related to Automations/Work migrations/Conversions etc.
• Support global changes in Key operating procedures and implementation.
• Coordinating with Internal/External Stake holders such as Securities/Trades and Pricing Team, Reporting Team, Investor Services team, Auditors, Client Service Managers and Clients.
• Effectively monitoring deliverables to ensure high SLA compliance within set accuracy standards.
Primary Working Relationships
External: Clients, Auditors, Trade Managers.
Internal: AFS Analytics – STP Team (Securities/Trades/Pricing), Client Service Managers and other Operation locations.
Qualification & Experience required
• Experience working with an investment management or finance-related firm.
• Good knowledge of the investment industry with 9-12 Years in Hedge Fund administration or related industry experience.
• M.com/CA/MBA – Finance/CFA
• Familiarity with Paxus is a major plus.
• An ability to think critically and objectively.
• Experience with general ledger accounting and, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, analytical, technical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in advanced Excel functions.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Work additional hours as needed.
• Team management
• Performance appraisal
• People growth and development