Assistant Vice President - DFX Settlements
PuneAbout BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.Working Flexibly
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers and clients needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.Introduction:
Managing Pre and Post settlement for FX Cash services.
Develop and manage operational relationships with our clients through pro-active reconciliation of pre-settlement and post-settlement of payments/receipts with each client. Provide management support and oversight for process and act as escalation point for day to day operationsWhat will you be doing
- Responsible for recruitment of staff and ensuring that all new joiners undergo standard training on derivatives products and processes
- Setting staff objectives for ongoing staff development and conducting appraisals
- Responsible for directing the day-to-day operations for the team, including:
- Allocation and oversight of daily tasks.
- Production of team MIS with detailed commentary for management reporting
- Management oversight of all KRI's and KPI's and addressing all high-risk metrics promptly
- Extensive knowledge of derivative and FX products and the front-to-back processes within Post Trade Services, and ensuring that the knowledge is shared across the team
- Ensuring all applicable governance, compliance, risk policies and procedures are adhered to
- Oversight of UAT to ensure that quality testing is completed and all issues for the team are resolved
- First level management escalation point for all high priority issues
Key representative from the department to engage in strategic initiatives discussions with colleagues globally and communicate the expected requirements and impact for the teamTeams Main Duties Requirement is to work EMEA hrs as the team supports hrs
What we're looking for:
- Pre-confirm FX settlements with internal and external counterparties
- Time Critical payment settlement activities as per the market / currency cut offs
- Source and request for SSI setup / amend of clients
- Perform matching of statements against ledgers
- Investigate Nostro breaks where ledgers/statements are unmatched
- Responsible for the effective management and resolution of discrepancies of payments/receipts with clients.
- Investigate and resolve all differences in a timely manner with clients.
- Liaise with the Desk, Sales team, Trade Support, Confirmations and other departments to resolve client queries.
- Manage and effectively resolve all incoming queries from clients within a pre-agreed time-frame.
- Contribute to the specification and testing of improvements for all systems and processes.
- Uphold the controls and procedures for the team, review and update as necessary.
- Prepare Local and Global MIS
- Cross train on all functions performed within the team and across the department.
- Over 10-15 years of total experience with over 8 years experience in a banking operations.
- 4+ years of management experience with proven track record at managing diverse teams.
- Extensive knowledge of the Derivatives front to back process across multiple Asset Classes such as Rates , Credits, Equities and FX.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, to liaise effectively with internal and external clients.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong Risk and Control focus
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Highly numerate with analytical problem solving ability.
- Results Driven.
- Commitment and loyalty to the brand.
- Innovative with a proven track record of implementing change to drive process improvements
- FX / Derivatives will be an added advantage
Confidence to deal with both external and internal clients
Self Starter / Ambitious.
Willingness to take on responsibilityWhere will you be workingBe More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. â€˜Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.Our ValuesPurpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.Respect
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.Integrity
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.Service
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.Excellence
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.Stewardship
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.