Job DescriptionSome careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.Global Internal Audit
Global Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance to management and the risk and audit committees as to whether the framework of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning.
The IT Audit Manager role in the IT Infrastructure, Cyber Security and Cloud team is based within HSBC Internal Audit. This role is to support the Senior Auditor with initiating and leading the delivery of audits, some major and/or highly complex, based on the critical assessment of the business, and the governance, risk and internal control frameworks. The candidate is expected to:
- Consistently deliver high quality audit work within the IT Infrastructure, Cyber Security & Cloud areas, which is conducted in multiple locations across the world, focusing on key technology risks and testing of IT General Control.
- Engage with and provide strategic advice to internal stakeholders by utilising knowledge of the business and the governance, risk and regulatory frameworks.
- Manage the interface between internal and external stakeholders to ensure a common approach to and understanding of key deliverables.
- Play an integral role in delivering the annual audit plan.
This role provides:
- The ability to work in one of the largest banking institutions in the world and significant exposure to senior management within the organisation.
- Exposure to core investment banking business, applications and processes, as well as Group wide controls.
- Substantial opportunity for capable people to move to different roles within the Bank. Good performance is well rewarded and those who excel are sought out for further development.
- Opportunity to audit various business lines within the region.
- International travel may occasionally be required but is not a key part of this role.
- On the job coaching and training. There is also an Audit Training Programme which combines class room based and online learning.
- Opportunities to gain formal qualifications as part of ongoing development.
- Networking events and social gathering with the wider audit team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding and keeping abreast of the key changes in the regulatory and business environment, as well as the emerging technology risks, to determine priorities for Global Internal Audit and whether changes are required to the annual audit plan
- Critically assessing the impact and sustainability of audit findings and proposed management action plans on the operating environment. Validate remediation actions taken by management to address audit findings.
- Clearly communicating to stakeholders and management the key issues and associated risks, identifying the root cause and the possible strategic implications.
- Maintaining dialogue and communications with senior management on the major plans, projects and structural changes that will impact their business.
- Ensuring that HSBC senior management and stakeholders fully comprehend the governance, risk, regulatory and internal control implications of major changes and advise them accordingly.
- Promoting and assisting in facilitating a strong risk management and risk awareness culture amongst internal stakeholders.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external auditors and regulators in order to ensure a coordinated and integrated approach to the management of HSBC's regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Delivering fair outcomes for our customers and ensuring own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
QualificationsThe ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Solid understanding of risks and controls, and role of first, second and third line of defence.
- A track record of gaining an understanding of regulatory expectations and delivering assurance programs to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements.
- Availability to travel to regional offices when required, however this is not expected to be significant.
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change.
The following are beneficial to have, but not mandatory:
- Relevant experience working in Financial Services, including having a solid understanding of financial products and services.
- Past experience working in IT Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and Cloud related areas or Audit or Risk based role, e.g. Internal / External Auditor, Risk Steward, Control Officer.
- Role relevant qualifications, e.g. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
The base location for this role is HTI, Pune, India.Additional Information
Diversity Statement, Data Protection and Entity Statement
- The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC.
- As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
- As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
- We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
- Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC) India