About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
- Group Internal Audit (GIA) in Standard Chartered Bank is looking for an exceptional and dynamic Audit Manager / Senior Audit Manager to join our Consumer, Private and Business Banking (CPBB) GIA Team within the Personal and Business Banking portfolio.
- The CPBB business operates in 30 markets and has over USD 100 billion each of assets and liabilities. The CPBB audit team provides coverage over the full suite of Retail, Business Banking and Wealth products globally.
- We pride ourselves in being Auditors of the Future, forward-looking and agile with a keen focus on Smarter Auditing. When you join us, you will enter a role that challenges the status quo, moves mindsets and be a part of the future of banking.
- You will have a crucial role in providing audit coverage on use of models in CPBB for business and risk management with an emphasis on models that use advanced techniques like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). You will also provide audit coverage of controls over the bank&rsquos use of client&rsquos demographic and behavioural data sourced from traditional and alternate channels.
- This is a critical role, that provides exposure to auditing and risk management of CPBB business at a global scale and offers significant career development opportunities. The role reports to Head of Audit Personal and Business Banking, CPBB.
- Lead all audit and risk assessment work on model risk (particularly AI and ML models) and data management globally for CPBB Business.
- Ensure audit work clearly identifies and provides assurance on all relevant risk types including credit, compliance, privacy, security and reputational (e.g. responsible and explainable AI / ML).
- Develop a best-in-class audit methodology for modelling and data-quality management for consumer / retail banking. To keep the methodology updated based on latest developments and trends in the industry.
- Enhance GIA&rsquos expertise in AI and ML and data analytics capabilities by preparing relevant audit standards and provide training to relevant GIA staff.
- Establish relationships with senior business, credit, analytics managers and data owners at SCB Group level to gain understanding of available resources/expertise in AI and ML modelling and data-management capabilities
- Support the HOA and SAMs where required, in the development of theGIA risk assessment and development of an appropriate audit plan for the HOA&rsquos assigned portfolio.
- Propose audits for coverage during the audit cycle based on their knowledge of the business.
- Carry out their role in line with the Audit Charter and remain independent from management and free from interference.
- Assist the HOA to effectively manage the cost of assigned audits within the allocated budget for audit engagements.
- Participate asteam member or team leader for assigned audit work and potentially lead the more complex audits such as cross-functional and multi-location high risk audits.
- Ensure that audit deliverables meet quality standards and timelines in line with the GIA methodology.
- Draft and submit inputs to the audit scope (including theAudit Planning Memo and Controls document) proposed by the Audit Lead.
- Assist in the drafting of the audit report in the GIA report review process.
- Track the implementation/delivery of the agreed issues and action plans for the audits assigned, understanding the key risks arising, provide advice on resolution of issues to auditees/action plan owners and escalate audit findings that remain unresolved.
- Support the HOA to update the relevant assigned risk assessments on a regular basis to ensure that changes in risk profiles are identified in a timely manner, proposing changes to the assigned audit plan to the HOA, as appropriate.
- Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process.
- At the request of the HOA, attend relevant meetings (e.g. PSCs, Management Groups and Committees)to keep up-to-date on key business matters and provide the right challenge to ensure risks are appropriately identified, discussed and timely remediation plans are put in place.
- Review MI and reports regularly to keep up-to-date with key trends within the business.
People and Talent
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the management of business units which fall under risk assessment responsibility.
- Demonstrate proactivity and positive engagement during team sessions.
- Influence change within the department by highlighting potential enhancements.
- Identify growth areas at the start of each audit and discuss with the Audit Lead on how best to work on them during the work.
- Identify and successfully complete key internal training for self-development.
- Support the HOA to proactively spot talent for GIA.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Assist the HOA to manage the relevant Product/Country clients, and establish good working relationships to help the businesses improve the control environment and keep updated with changes in the business impacting their risk profile.
- Ensure clear communication of findings/issues/root causes to all relevant clients and monitor/escalate any overdue actions plans to the appropriate business manager and/or governance committee for resolution.
- Ensure timely escalation of delays in execution of audit work, both to auditee management and GIA management.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the GIA to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Designated business stakeholders, typically related to individual audit assignments and the assigned portfolio.
- GIA stakeholders &ndash team leaders, team members, team managers, Product, Functional, Country and Regional Heads of Audit.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group&rsquos brand and values in GIA.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- A Bachelor's or a Post-graduate Degree in a quantitative discipline like Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or Business / Accounting with specialisation in a quantitative discipline.
- A successful track record with a minimum of 5 years (Audit Manager) or 10 years (Senior Audit Manager) in model development /validation / auditing with a bank, consulting organisation, Big-4 accounting firm or modelling / data-analytics vendor of global scale.
- Hands-on expert knowledge and successful track record of the following:
- Techniques for AI / ML modelling for consumer / retail banks
- Responsible AI / ML and Explainability and understanding of client&rsquos perspective
- Data Quality Management techniques including using alternate data and exploratory data-analytics
- Data query and modelling using relevant data analysis and coding software and
- Relevant regulatory requirements in multiple jurisdictions, including data-privacy and data-security requirements.
- Track record of performing work independently with minimal supervision and meeting stretch timelines comfortable to deal with ambiguity, solve problems and have a &ldquothink client&rdquo mindset.
- Very good written communication skills, willingness to learn, be persuasive while being respectful to others and being open to contrary views.
- While the preferred location is India (Bangalore) and Singapore, other locations will be considered for suitable internal candidates.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.