About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- Develop the strategic direction and roadmap for SCPAY, aligning with Business Strategy, ITO Strategy and investment priorities.
- Tap into latest industry trends, innovative products & solutions to deliver effective and faster product capabilities
- Support CASH Management Operations leveraging technology to streamline processes, enhance productivity, reduce risk and improve controls
- Work hand in hand with Payments Business, taking product programs from investment decisions into design, specifications, solutioning, development, implementation and hand-over to operations, securing support and collaboration from other SCB teams
- Ensure delivery to business meeting time, cost and high quality constraints
- Support respective businesses in growing Return on investment, commercialisation of capabilities, bid teams, monitoring of usage, improving client experience, enhancing operations and addressing defects & continuous improvement of systems
- Thrive an ecosystem of innovation and enabling business through technology
Responsible for the end-to-end deliveries of the technology portfolio comprising key business product areas such as Payments & Clearing. Own technology delivery of projects and programs across global SCB markets that
a) develop/enhance core product capabilities
b) ensure compliance to Regulatory mandates
c) support operational improvements, process efficiencies and zero touch agenda
d) build payments platform to align with latest technology & architecture trends, improved stability and scale
e) Interface with business & technology leaders of other SCB systems for collaborative delivery. People and Talent
- Employ, engage and retain high quality talent to ensure Payments Technology team is adequately staffed and skilled to deliver on business commitments
- Lead through example and build appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations for the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Bridge skill / capability gaps through learning and development
- Ensure role, job descriptions and expectations are clearly set and periodic feedback provided to the entire team
- Ensure the optimal blend and balance of in-house and vendor resources
- Be proactive in ensuring regular assurance that the Payments ITO Team is performing to acceptable risk levels and control standards
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure those are addressed within quick / prescribed timeframes and escalated through the relevant committees
- Balance business delivery on time, quality and cost constraints with risks & controls to ensure that they do not materially threaten the Group&rsquos ability to remain within acceptable risk levels
- Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery planning for the entire technology portfolio
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
Our Ideal Candidate
- Solution Architect SCPAY
- SCPAY Programme Managers
- Group Payments Product Development Heads
- Group Cash Operations
- Minimum 4 to 7 yrs of experience in the Dev role and in that a couple of years of experience as Dev lead role is an added advantage, good knowledge in Java, Microservices and Spring boot
- Technical Knowledge: Java / Spring Boot, Kafka Streams, REST, JSON, Netflix Micro Services suite ( Zuul / Eureka / Hystrix etc., ), 12 Factor Apps, Oracle, PostgresSQL, Cassandra & ELK
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed and highly varied stakeholders
- Very Good communication and interpersonal skills to manage senior stakeholders and top management
- Knowledge on JIRA and Confluence tools are desired
Visit our careers website