About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesJob Purpose
- To provide high quality Documentation support.
- To ensure error free work with no operating losses
- Ensure Individual Productivity targets are met / surpassed
- Accurate Checking of Credit Approval Authority in Approval Memos, if warranted
- Accurate Verification of Signature in documents received from external sources
- Ensure accurate submission of BFL and standard documentation.
- Ensure that the documents obtained are accurate, valid and legally enforceable
- Ensure that the updates in CMS, especially View Securities, are done accurately as per the terms of the BCA or the contents of the documents received
- Issue SCC / DDN in accordance with Policies & Guidelines, without violation of Credit approval terms.
- Authorized to issue PSCC/SCC /DDN for All Category facilities for unlimited amount(including Category 1 limit above USD200m )
- Discharge of Custodial Functions as per Group Standards.
- Discharge Key Holders Responsibilities as per Group Policies
- Lodge / Retrieve documents as per the relevant Guidelines.
- Monitor / Diarize / Generate Reports as per the agreed terms with in-country.
- Any other Documentation Activity assigned by Line Manager.
- Accurate Updating of Control Sheets
- Ensure staff performance is monitored on a continuous basis and feedback provided at regular intervals.
- Ensure timely escalation to Senior Management of any exception noticed related to work and environment.
- Ensure proper training (OJT) is given to team members whenever required.
- Ensure backup staff is identified and trained
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA / CST plans and approach
- To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To ensure exceptions arising out of KCSA / CST checks are immediately rectified and preventive action put in place to prevent recurrence.
- Take up the release function as and when assigned with the responsibility
- To actively participate in BCP/DR and any other UAT
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Compliance with all relevant Group Credit Policies & Procedures related to CIB and CB
- Compliance with all relevant Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy
- Compliance with Group Operational Risk procedures
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the CRC GBS to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Integrated Middle Office representatives in Group and In-country Integrated Middle Office & Relationship Managers
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure that Productivity MIS is updated accurately and immediately after the completion of processing the respective transaction.
- Ensure all control procedures prescribed for control of Scanned / fax documents / Credit mate SIFs received are actioned as per SLA
- Actively participate in automation Initiatives
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times
- Ensure that knowledge on Systems and procedures is updated by keeping track of periodical circulars and other instructions issued
- Participate in test on knowledge and procedures, departmental quizzes, and Group / Companywide CSR Initiatives./Trainings
- Ensure timely escalation to the Senior Management of any exception noticed related to work and environment
- Ensure timely archival of records with service provider and maintain inventory of archived records
- Ensure strict compliance to Group Code of Conduct at all times
- Ensure proper maintenance of the work station and the environment of the CRC workplace
- Ensure adherence of Clean Desk Policy.
- Ensure timely completion of all E Learning Courses
- Preferably Commerce Graduate / Postgraduate or CA / ICWA
- 96 Months of relevant work experience in Banking/Financial Services related Operations &ndash preferably in Credit Documentation:
- Advanced Product & process knowledge (knowledge in terms of customers, products and transactions)
- Advanced Risk awareness
- Banking operations experience (Credit Risk, Documentation, Client Service, CDD, payments, trade, markets or other) and service-oriented attitude.
- Advanced Communication Ability / experience managing individuals or teams
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders, work collaboratively with them to deliver exceptional client service & experience while balancing robust operational management
- Ability to directly influence stakeholders across value chain to secure resources and buy-in required to deliver operational and client service targets
- Ability to understand and derive insights & improvement opportunities from MIS and performance data
- Strong drive to deliver
- Ability to positively engage and build rapport with clients
- Has a clear understanding of the client needs being serviced able to articulate and align team to them
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.