Assistant Vice President
MumbaiAbout BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.Working Flexibly
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers and clients needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.Introduction:
Quality Assurance assessor (QAA) position will be responsible for independently testing adherence to the policy and processes across Wealth Operation function providing clear, accurate and value adding feedback to drive performance. Quality Assurance assessor will play in instrumental role in reassuring that all activities are carried out by the respective operations teams in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework, internal Barclays Policies and Standards and up-to-date Standard operating procedures and highlight gaps, if anyWhat will you be doing
What we're looking for:
- To perform quality assurance (spot checking) including thematic reviews on relevant Operation's transactions to ensure whether these are processed as per the documented procedures and whether these adhere to applicable control standards.
- Proactive risk management in the Operational activities including and not limited to implementation of regulatory as well as group procedural framework.
- Ensure that quality monitoring objectives and targets are consistently being met in line with Operations & business expectations.
- Responsible for providing assurance on critical business processes by measuring performance against Global Control Standards through monitoring the operation of key controls.
- Formulating Quality Assurance framework in consultation with relevant stake holders and driving forward a comprehensive assurance programme to ensure that key controls operate as intended and where any weaknesses are identified, working with Operations management to design remediation activities and the embedding of any enhanced controls.
- Local Regulatory awareness, circulars dissemination and tracking of actionable.
- Engaging or liaising with team leads for various Internal / external audits for each license that the firm holds.
- Understanding of Reconciliation & breaks management as per Barclay's standards and policies.
- Engagement in Group governance and attestations.
- Support the Wealth Operations automation agenda over the medium term
- The creation of senior management reporting to senior governance and risk forums
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Strong track record in risk and control with experience of implementing risk and control techniques e.g. risk identification, risk assessment, risk mitigation, and risk management ideally gained via working knowledge of Operations or Operational Risk Control/Management. Experience of Wealth Management, Investment Banking, Asset Management, or broader Financial Services environments would be advantageous.
- The right candidate will have an excellent command of the English language, with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- The right candidate will have the ability to execute and drive through issues and actions. They will also have excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels. They will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working to deadlines, together with strong organisational skills and the ability and confidence to make business critical decisions.
- Graduate / Post graduate in any discipline
Where will you be workingBe More at Barclays
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or have an appropriate professional qualification e.g. C.A., I.C.A.I etc.
- The ideal candidate will have an excellent command of the English language with strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the business.
- Experience of setting and directing the objectives and responsibilities of the team with demonstrable success in driving the team to deliver desired and timely outcomes to those objectives.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to proactively engage with senior management, demonstrating an inquiring mind and the courage to follow it through to a sound conclusion.
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. â€˜Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.Our ValuesPurpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.Respect
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.Integrity
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.Service
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.Excellence
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.Stewardship
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.