About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.Job Purpose
To supervise the day-to-day processing activities related to the payments/collection&rsquos services with the primary purpose of meeting service standards.
- To ensure compliance of all internal procedures, operational controls and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure strict compliance of internal procedures in line with the standards laid down as per DOI
- To provide support to all the products and services assigned by Unit Manager.
- To ensure that the standards and benchmarks set for the Sections are being adhered to and to perform the necessary authorizations/checks on the processing.
Anti Money Laundering Perspective
- To provide Cash related Services to Customers/Internal stakeholders and to meet turnaround times as per the Service Level Agreement & productivity standards
- Responsible for monitoring operational & customer service activities of Cash Management Services.
- Verification & monitoring of transactions of all INR Payments.
- Ensure preparation of Reports, Returns (Group and Regulatory) and submission of the same within agreed time schedules.
- Organisation of workflow to achieve maximum productivity & regular monitoring of the performance of the team & improve efficiency.
- Monitoring, timely reporting/escalation to the Unit Manager, and taking corrective action of irregular items to facilitate early resolution.
- Comply with internal operating procedures & Control Standards & perform KCS checks.
- Train, motivate and educate staff to meet requirements expected of them.
- To ensure speedy resolution of customer queries & complaints, in accordance with laid down procedures & Quality standards
- Assist Manager in monitoring all transactions to ensure obligations duly met.
- Performing Sign. Verification & Call Back as per CMO procedure.
- Ensure Compliance of all the polices and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention.
- Ensure strict implementation of Group Policies on KYC.
- Follow laid down escalation procedures.
- Perform Custodian functions, as laid down in the DOI/policies.
- Be aware of the BCP Plan of the unit and roles/responsibilities assigned therein.
Healthy and Safety
- To assist the Business Unit, Head to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and anti-money laundering and KYC procedures are duly documented and adhered to.
- To monitor the operation of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy or regulations.
- To act as one of the points of contact for the unit to work with the ML prevention officer (MLPO) in the country and to ensure money laundering prevention and compliance risk issues of the unit are addressed.
- To assist the Business MLPO on policy dissemination and communication of money laundering prevention measures to raise staff awareness.
- To suggest process changes if local conditions warrant making the processes stronger.
- To ensure that proper risk classification is done at the time of approving transactions.
- To report any transaction where funds appear to originate from suspected illegal sources.
- To complete review of all relevant reports.
- To raise awareness on KYC/ML.
- To report any suspicious transactions immediately as per laid down procedures.
- Responsible for working with the Bank to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by own actions or omissions
- Co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and safety in the workplace
- Ensure that own actions do not put others at risk
- Work in a healthy and safe manner
- Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner
- Report all accidents* and incidents** and
- Bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
- Report Unit&rsquos Operational Risk issues and losses to UORM
- Assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for operational risk management.
- Act as OR coordinator for the section / unit.
- Act as RP (Backup) for the unit, as assigned by LM, and perform KCSA Checks within stipulated timeframe and update observations in Optial.
- To identify and report all exceptions or non-compliance to standard controls.
- To identity and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities.
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions.
Key relationships (Internal & External)
- Support the Archival Portfolio for the Department/Business.
- Liaise with the external vendor to ensure Archival and Retrieval are carried out as stated in the policy document without exception.
- Maintain MIS with regard to documents archived with due acknowledgement from the vendor for each of the files.
- Ensure that the vendors meet the TAT at all times with regard to retrieval.
- Provide inputs to National Archival Manager on a regular basis on status of Archival for each department / business as & when requested.
- Personnel in
- Corporate Banking, FI
- IT Service Line
- SSC, IPC, Consumer Banking, private banking and trade services, CSG & other internal functions.
- Key Staff in customer&rsquos office.
- Personnel in RBI, FEDAI and other institutions.
- Statutory / External Auditors
- Counterparts in other banks.
- Achievement of maximum productivity of the team.
- Maintenance of the bank&rsquos reputation as an expert in CMS
- Achievement of the overall division&rsquos productivity goals.
- Operational Authority
- As laid down in the delegation of authority.
- General operational knowledge
- Thorough understanding of local laws, legal risks and FEMA.
- Supervisory Skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.