Our client is a leading global provider of asset and wealth management solutions. They provide investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high-net-worth families create and manage wealth.
This team is currently seeking an Assistant Manager to join our team at Gurgaon.
• Booking Journal Entries basis bank statements and client.
• Preparation of Bank Reconciliation and maintaining the respective financial logs.
• Prepare monthly financial reporting package for the Hedge Funds, including the determination of 'Net Asset Value' and prepare the Statement of Asset and Liabilities and Profit and Loss Statement
• Ensuring fund income and expenses, including management and performance fees, are accrued for and are in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
• Accurate and timely processing of all capital activities including calls and distributions, transfers, rollups, capital commitments and calls.
• Derive pricing for portfolio investments. Updating status reports.
• Cash Management-managing the daily cash flow of trades and monitoring fund cash-flows.
• Process incoming and outgoing cash movements related to capital activity.
• Reporting-preparing bespoke reports to address client requests.
• Independently complete cash, portfolio and capital reconciliations and investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
• Creation and maintenance of investor information including payment models and contacts Business and Management
• Manage a team of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
• Identify opportunities to implement process improvements and recommend system, service, and process enhancements including leading and evaluating system testing
• Coordinate staff assignments to achieve optimal effectiveness through assessment of business requirements and staff skill sets and development needs
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients, and serve as point of escalation of complex customer issues
• Perform discovery and due diligence with clients and visits regarding service quality measurement
• Manage the Risk and Control agenda including audits, interfacing with internal and external auditors, and identifying process gaps
• Work closely with senior management on identifying opportunities for cost saves, full-time equivalent (FTE) reduction, and optimizationDesired Qualities
• A drive to broaden one’s knowledge of the financial services industry by learning new concepts and systems and taking the initiative to apply it to daily work assignments.
• Attention-to-detail to ensure that all deliverables consistently meet the highest standard of quality and accuracy.
• University degree or equivalent that required 3+ years of formal studies of Finance/Accounting principles.
• 7+ years of experience in the financial services industry that required a working knowledge of financial instruments (equities, fixed income, and derivatives), operation of capital markets, life cycle of trades, and reconciliation.
• 7+ year(s) of experience in a service-oriented role where you had to correspond in writing or over the phone with external customers.
• 3 + year(s) of experience using MS-Excel that required you to use Advanced Formulas, Tables & Formatting, Conditional Formatting, Advanced Charting, Pivot tables & Pivot Reporting.
• Ability to lead 8-10 people manage conflicts and has a team leading experience
• Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts from Monday-Friday (Shift starts after 5pm).