Job DescriptionSome careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.Wealth and Personal Banking
is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking that best suit our customers needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced person to join the WPB Premier Services TeamRole Purpose
- The HSBC Premier offering is one of the world's first globally linked banking offerings. And of strategic importance for HSBC, the role requires you to be part of premier relationship team across branches
- The role provides dedicated support to a team of Premier Relationship Managers (PRM) in the overall achievement of their income plans (covering acquisition, cross sales, retention, and growth of their portfolios) and day to day contact with their clients in the delivery of the proposition objectives
- In order to deliver client centric service the role also requires you to be a point of contact for clients as and when required and provide customer with a memorable service experience by having a problem solving attitude
In addition, the Premier Officer may provide credit/lending support to the PRM if dictated by market requirements. Building an ongoing relationship based on value and service is critical to being successful in this role.
In order to deliver a high quality service to our highest value personal clients the role holder will need to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of banking products and services across wealth and retail.Principal ResponsibilitiesImpact on the business
- Provide high quality sales support to a team of PRMs mainly focused on getting appointment for PRMs and supporting PRMs in servicing their clients
- Reduce the time spent on process and administrative tasks by PRM to increase PRM's capacity
- Support PRMs to manage client contact and service, including, in the absence of PRMs, answering client calls, resolving client enquiries on transactional needs and facilitating a smooth hand-off to the correct channels where appropriate, and managing key event reminders to maintain active client contact
- Provide sales support to PRMs including preparing and completing sales documents, managing data input and report generation, and liaising with support functions to follow through client purchase process requirement
Leadership and teamwork
- Handle client's enquiries relating to the PRM's portfolio in a positive, timely, and appropriate manner. Aim to resolve the customer's queries at the first point of contact and minimise referrals to the PRM for routine transactions.
- Has strong knowledge of the PRM's portfolio of clients with the support of CRMS and analytical tools
- Proactively responds to client in face-to-face and/or telephone settings, updating client profile screens with details of client contact
- Maintains a basic understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services
- Support PRMs to execute suitable solutions for product areas responsible for with clients to fulfill their needs and ensure efficient follow up
- Manager the Premier desk (including required contact activity) in the absence of PRM.
- Assist the PRM in organizing events as and when required.
- Refer the attrition cases to PRM immediately
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to manage Premier TAT / customer expectations
Operational effectiveness and control
- Communicate effectively and works well with other teams within the Branch, Call Center, HTS, and other relevant partners that impact the client's experience of HSBC in order to ensure a consistent approach and application of Premier standards
- Efficiently manages time in order to support different PRMs concurrently
- Proactively identifies opportunities/issues and provides feedback to branch management and HTS to improve products and service processes
- Delivering the firm - Put the client at the heart of our business and deliver joined up services and solutions aligned to customer needs.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with HSBC Bank policy standards, regulatory requirements, Group Compliance Policy and Internal Controls.
- Comply with local regulations in all aspects of strategy, sales processes, client correspondence, financial promotions, administration, and complaint handling
- Zero discrepancies on documentation for new Liability & Wealth accounts.
- Ensure 100% accuracy on all KYC and Non KYC documentation and processing of customer instructions
- Ensure all entries captured on WMS are error free and that the entries are reconciled everyday.
- Achieve the operational standards for the business and work within agreed procedures and guidelines - displaying high levels of integrity at all times
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM.
- Minimum concurrent audit comments and NIL reminders
- Ensure NIL frauds for any cases sourced /handled by the branch.
- Ensure use of RMP for activity management and referring leads to PRMs
- Comply with the applicable laws, regulations, Group and local guidelines related to Sanctions and AML policy of HSBC while undertaking various day to day operations
- Remain alert and promptly report to the Sanctions Officer/ INM FCC office/ Line manager ( As applicable and required by the AML and sanction Policy) if a customer is found to be engaging in sanction evasion activities or violations of AML policy or any other related procedures.
- Understand the legal responsibility to be vigilant for unusual activity and reporting of the unusual activities
- Support the Country or Regional FCC AML Office/ AML Investigations by providing additional information when required
- Responsible for attending and successfully completing the AML and Sanctions related assigned training in the mandated timeframe
- Understanding the consequences of failing to attend or successfully complete the training as mandated by the AML Education Lead FCC
- Requesting additional AML training that you deem necessary or appropriate to perform your jobs through your entity manager
- Demonstrate an understanding of PEP acceptance, prohibition, CDD & EDD guidelines in order to ensure that the INM RBWM is fully compliant with the PEP LoBP.
- Understand the relatively high reputational risk that arises from any perceived weaknesses in controls in respect of substantial cash deposits or withdrawals activity, wire transfer, monetary instruments and pouch and mail
- To be aware and Identify high risk indicators for various products and Services offered by INM RBWM example Cash, insurance, credit cards products etc
- Ensure that all records are obtained in respect of INM RBWM customers or New to bank customer for any products and services provided by HSBC are as per the process laid down.
- Must ensure that the prescribed process is being followed while dealing with non HSBC customers request for monetary instruments and wire transfers
- Ensure Adherence to the regulatory guidelines and internal AML & Sanction Policy of HSBC, which includes pouch and mail, monetary instruments, cash services and payment transparency Line of Business Procedures
- To be aware of AML risk posed by pouch and mail, Monetary instruments, cash services and wire transfer services and should undergo the mandatory training for the same
- Necessary remediation steps needs to be undertaken in case if there is any breach or non-adherence to the policy laid down in the LoBP
- Must undertake necessary due diligence to ensure that the nature of the transaction is in sync with the customer profile , else raise it to line manager for further clarification
- The staff must be aware of the scope of services of various products and services that are offered and those which are prohibited because of the guidelines laid down in the line of Business procedures and must ensure the same is communicated to customer in a effective and polite manner
- Ensure adequate due diligence is undertaken by the Individual/team to ensure that the nature of the various transactions of wire transfer, cash services, monetary instruments are in sync with customer profile
- Provide high quality support to PRMs
- Build extensive knowledge of HSBC systems and procedures in order to handle client needs
- Proactively help HSBC identify opportunity to improve process efficiencies
- Sensitively redirect clients to the most effective and efficient channel
- Support the client in navigating the channel of their choice (to interact with HSBC) effectively and efficiently
- Ensure the client consistently receives a professional premium service which exceeds their expectations at all times
- Maintain high standards of control and operational practices in line with HSBC's expectations
- Ensuring the highest standards of customer service in terms of timeliness and customer experience.
- Enhancing customer confidence in the bank's Global Premier proposition by ensuring the offer of a relevant product suite and supporting this through systematic and regular communication is a key aspect of the role.
- given the growth aspirations of the WM business, the jobholder is to constantly source, develop and grow Premier relationships in a highly competitive market. The said role requires to balance customer servicing activity along with sales acquisition while ensuring the necessary growth in the existing portfolio coupled with minimal attrition.
- Another key challenge is to be able to provide superior service to all walk in customers as per guidelines
Premier is a key proposition in the bank's strategy. Over recent years, our business and organisation has made considerable progress both in our performance versus peer group and in our strategic transformation. Over the medium term we have been improving both our profitability and our ability to meet the needs of our target clients.
We have four overriding principles that will apply to the delivery of all propositions, products and services through all channels to all customers at all times:
Management of Risk
- We will treat all customers fairly
- We will apply the HSBC Group values and business principles in all of our dealings with customers
- We will meet, or exceed, all local and international laws, regulations, and codes of practice
- We will deliver services to customers in a manner that provides speed, ease, certainty and empathy
Adheres to processes and controls to identify and mitigate risks and ensures timely escalation of control issues and reputation risks.Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner.Role Dimensions
- Has exceptional and updated knowledge of Banking products, systems and processes.
- Is well organized and depicts professional image
- Displays extra-ordinary Business focus and customer orientation and provides exemplary service
- Is self-motivated and has the drive to overachieve on goals and targets set out
- Displays close bonding with immediate team members and skillful association with support group colleagues
- Minimum Bachelor's degree / Graduation with 2 years of experience
- Holistic understanding of the Branch Operations and Processes of the bank
- Sound understanding of the company's customer service requirements
Diversity Statement, Data Protection and Entity Statement
- The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC.
- As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC) India