Job Description - APACJob Title:Assistant Manager Date:
24- June - 2019Department:
FA- Transactions TeamLocation:
Mumbai / ChennaiBusiness Line / Function:
(Functional)Number of Direct Reports:Directorship / Registration:
NA Position Purpose
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team's goal.
Perform the checking (50%) of all the transactions for dedicated clients in the Fund accounting system in respect with our internal procedures and International Standards such as ISAE3402 and will be accountable for all BAU activities, KPI delivery and documentation maintenance.
Depending on internal team structure can have an IC role or People Management.
In his/her mission, the Transaction Asst Manager will have to often liaise with :
- Middle Office activities between Trade Support Brussels (listed instruments) and Trade Support Paris (OTC instruments).
- Fund accounting team (Lux, Chennai or any other location)
- Other Transaction teams in KOP and Chennai
- Internal departments (Custody, TA, FDS etcâ€¦)
The transaction officer will be involved in all projects impacted by the transaction team as such as :
- New client On boarding
- New sub fund launching
- New instrument dealing
- Changes in workflow
- Perform the processing of all the transactions for dedicated clients in the Fund accounting system in respect of our procedures and the ISAE3402 standard:
- Ensure the Zero Default quality by placing effective governance within team.
- Ensure that reconciliations are performed within the team and highlight / flag concern areas
- Ensure that a second level of control is performed on all manual transactions an archived for audit purposes.
- Ensure the controls of OTC pricing
- Ensure quick turnaround or minimal ETA to queries raised by person in charge of an action in the NAV Cycle
- Respect our clients Net Asset Value publication cut off's.
- Ensure allocation of work done in justified manner and all required analysis on team capacity, workflow, details of team, static data all are well maintained within the system.
- Manage staff on daily BAU and to take corrective measures/actions, if required. Updating required staff/team adequately on any changes/new events impacting BAU. Should be proactively escalating the BAU/Staff issues to Manager.
- Identifying the staff training requirement & ensure all the necessary training has been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Conducting Daily Team huddles, Weekly Team meetings and regular one on ones with team.
- Develop SMEs and ensure that, the Back-up management tool is in place for all the team members.
- Enforce 100% compliance of SAS70. Carry out sample testing on daily basis & document the results.
- Ensure procedures are in place to effectively deal with exceptions and that they are reviewed, researched, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify the manual steps, process efficiencies & developments, by providing practical ideas on areas of improvements & work towards its automation.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
Technical & Behavioral CompetenciesClient Focus
Risk and cost awareness
- Be pro-active in developing customer relations by understanding and responding to customer needs.
- Strive continually for customer satisfaction.
- Try to identify the real needs of the customer, including those not necessarily stated.
- Deliver very high quality results.
- Identify risks and promote risk-mitigation processes.
- Identify potential cost-savings and promote cost-efficient processes while maintaining quality and risk controls.
- Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals.
- Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Planning & Organising
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and questioning ability.
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work in an organised manner.
- Must have an attention to detail.
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Knowledge on Capital Markets and it's various market products.Skills Referential Behavioural Skills
: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Client focusedTransversal Skills:
(Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to set up relevant performance indicatorsEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalentExperience Level
At least 5 yearsOther/Specific Qualifications
Experience of Multifonds fund accounting tool is an added value.