PuneAbout BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.Working Flexibly
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers and clients needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The role holder will be responsible for the delivery of assigned activities within operations ensuring all necessary requirements are met, making operational decisions to maximise performance. Establish and maintain good working relationships with other teams, departments and third parties whilst acting as a point of reference or guidance for other members of the team. The individual will be responsible for the interpretation of non-routine documentation, interpretation of instrument and pricing data and problem solving, investigating and progressing complex queries escalated by the team and other stakeholdersWhat will you be doing
The role holder will be responsible for below:
What we're looking for:
- Be responsible for the delivery of assigned activities within Instrument and Price master data management ensuring all necessary requirements are met, making operational decisions to maximise performance.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other teams, departments and third parties whilst acting as a point of reference or guidance for other members of the team.
- Where no end of day resolution is found, ensure there is a full and effective handover of the outstanding issue is in place and agreed by the onshore team to action.
- Respond to administrative issues, including those that are non-routine issues and managing through to resolution.
- Carry out problem solving, investigating and progressing complex queries escalated by the team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail for all team outputs
- Be responsible for driving own self-development (with the support of the line manager)
- Lead by example, ensuring the team's awareness of Barclays mission and values. Understand own role in the overall objectives of Barclays.
- Support the supervision of their team's day to day activities (as appropriate), ensuring that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner. This will include oversight of checklists and internal controls fostering a strong risk management culture within the team.
- Assist the team manager in defining and implementing new processes and be proactive in driving efficiencies across the business.
- Responsible for the checking of the team's work and ongoing root cause analysis to reduce error rates
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Relevant professional experience within the financial services industry with specialization in reference data operations.
- A detailed understanding of instrument creation, pricing and maintenance.
- Knowledge in vendor Terminals such as Bloomberg, IDC, Refinitiv / Reuters & Telekurs.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Office skills with an understanding of databases and data analysis tools.
- Prior stakeholder management experience
Where will you be working
- Educated to a minimum of degree level or equivalent supplemented by relevant professional experience within the financial services industry including industry recognised qualifications.
- Relevant instrument and/or pricing data maintenance experience gained in a similar organisation, global market data vendor or third party vendor supporting a similar process.
- A detailed understanding of security asset attributes (eg. equity, fixed income, structured products, funds, and derivatives) and financial products.
PuneBe More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. â€˜Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.Our ValuesPurpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.Respect
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.Integrity
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.Service
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.Excellence
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.Stewardship
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.