PuneAbout BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.Working Flexibly
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers and clients needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Pre and Post settlement for OTC Derivative trades -
Develop and manage operational relationships with our clients through pro-active reconciliation of pre-settlement and post-settlement of payments/receipts with each client. What will you be doing
- Pre-confirm Derivatives settlements with internal and external counterparties
- Source and request for SSI setup / amend of clients
- Perform matching of statements against ledgers
- Investigate Nostro breaks where ledgers/statements are unmatched
- Responsible for the effective management and resolution of discrepancies in relation to payments and receipts with clients. Role involves:
- Acting as the first point of contact for Premier clients. Use extensive knowledge of derivatives and the function as a whole to ensure exceptional client service is provided to the firm's high value, or sensitive clients.
- Professional communication with thorough and detailed explanation to clients via e-mail or phone
- Fostering excellent working relationship with internal counterparts (i.e. Desk, Sales team, Trade Support, Confirmations, Legal, Finance). Ability to negotiate effectively with all internal parties to ensure the team receives the necessary support to achieve its goals.
- Exercising strong judgement skills to make the necessary decisions to address client queries and ensuring all high-priority queries are escalated to the management immediately
- Uphold the controls and procedures for the team, and highlight any control gaps identified to management to ensure that these are reviewed and addressed as necessary.
- Prepare Local and Global MIS for distribution to management
- Proactively cross train on all functions performed within the team and across the department to gain an in-depth understanding of the derivative products and processes in order to drive synergies within Post dfs.
- Initiate process improvements within the team to drive efficiency and cost savings:
- Strong analytical skills required to perform complex analysis on the volumes and process flow to identify the root cause.
- Suggest innovative solutions to improve efficiency and provide the AVP with a detailed breakdown to quantify the time/ headcount savings from the initiative
oAct as the key point of contact with stakeholders (i.e. Technology, Change Manager, Team AVP) in order to implement changeWhat we're looking for:
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end processes in the OTC Derivative Settlements area.
- Experience gained in High Volume House and client service environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in order to manage the relationship with Premier clients, fluent in English.
Where will you be working
- Degree educated with experience in an OTC Derivatives environment.
- Extensive technical knowledge of the derivative products within remit
PuneBe More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.Our ValuesPurpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.Respect
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.Integrity
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.Service
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.Excellence
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.Stewardship
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.