A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you'll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day. What You Will Do :
What You Need :
Position Summary: Briefly describe the primary purpose and function of this position.
The candidate shall play the role of an architect for the Connected Car platform and will be responsible for defining the design and architecture of a component or subsystem. He/she shall guide the implementation and integration of a component, subsystem or feature in the overall system. He/She shall technically guide a small team of developers in the implementation and in building the right level of expertise needed for delivery. The candidate may be part of technical team developing proposals for prospective customers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Please indicate the number of direct reports and/or number of indirect reports.
The candidate is predominantly an individual contributor but shall also provide technical leadership to a team of 5-8 people across a single program.
Job Responsibilities: List the professional and/or technical competencies needed when performing the key responsibilities of the position. Explain the degree to which this position affects the business (i.e. making decisions, defining or setting strategy, etc.). Please further explain the breadth of the impact this position has (i.e. affects own team, department, function, division, geography, etc.).
- Candidate shall have experience in development of cloud based Connected Car platform that meets the requirements specified by OEM or Telematics customer in the automotive domain.
- Candidate shall be responsible for defining the APIs exposed by specific functionality of the product. This would include design and implementation of any microservices and/or adapters that may be needed for the integration.
- Candidate shall be responsible for analysis of specific feature requirements of the product and help the program manager with the work breakdown structure of a feature and estimation of development time and effort of a feature.
- Candidate shall be responsible for defining the integration strategy for a specific feature or component in the system.
- The candidate shall be responsible for generating relevant technical documentation like architecture documents, high level designs, low level designs for the product
- The candidate shall be responsible for following the best development processes e.g. source code management tools, code reviews, static checks, dockerfiles etc laid out as part of the project development process.
- The candidate may be part of a team engaged in the development of proposals to customers including analysis of requirements provided by the customer and proposing an architecture
Basic Qualifications: List the minimum and desired education (including degrees, licenses, certification or registrations) and experience needed to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- Candidate should have minimum of 8 years experience in development of JAVA based solutions
- Candidate should be a B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech in E&C or Computer Science
- Candidate's primary domain of expertise should be cloud based web applications and cloud based Big Data and Analytics platforms.
- Candidate should be familiar with deployments on atleast one cloud platform like AWS, Azure or Ali Cloud.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies: Please list the preferred qualifications and ideal behaviors needed for this position based on the following:
- Candidate should have expertise in the domain of backend cloud based JAVA applications
- Candidate should have deep experience with JAVA applications and should have high level of proficiency in Core JAVA and use of frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Springboot, Web servers like Tomcat
- Candidate should be familiar with Microservices architecture and definition and deployment of REST based APIs for use by 3rd party applications.
- Candidate should be familiar with event ingestion pipelines based on lightweight protocols like MQTT, AMQP
- Candidate should have understanding of one of following databases RDBMS, NoSQL, Caches and their applicability to different scenarios
- Candidate should be familiar with configuration management, development & test environments used for development of JAVA based applications.
- Candidate should have worked in programs where applications are deployed in Cloud infrastructure and should be familiar with CI/CD processes applicable to such deployments
- Candidate should have a good understanding of the security elements like security of data at rest and data in transit.
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()