Job Description :Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
FXLM (Foreign Exchange & Local Markets) is a core component of the firm's Capital Markets FICC trading and sales division.Job Purpose
Citi FXLM Operations Technology (Ops Tech) Team is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to work in Operations Technology area to support and contribute to a wide array of new projects ranging from designing new functionalities on back office application, processing systems, risk management systems and interfacing with multiple business applications.
The successful candidate will need to have a strong business knowledge of Fixed Income Securities coupled with deep project management and leadership skills. Experience managing complex systems in a fast-paced environment is required. This role will interface with key Rates & Currencies stakeholders in London, New York and Singapore.Job Background/Context
Operations function within Citi's Global FXLM Business is responsible for designing, developing and supporting both client facing and internal applications for Operations Technology. The applications ensure seamless settlements, payments, accounting and Regulatory reporting of trade events. The suite of Ops Tech applications is built on cutting edge technologies enabling seamless operations of high-volume transactions across the globe.
There is a wide array of projects that are ongoing within Operations Technology space and the Senior Business Analyst will get an exposure to all facets of Trade Processing and Risk Management, whilst working closely with different business units within Citi.Key Responsibilities
Subject Matter Expertise / Technology Partnership
- Work with stakeholders across Business lines, for transformation projects to understand their business and process
- Work with Senior stakeholders in Trading Business, Operations, Product Control and Finance, Technology units and PMO to run meetings, coordinate and gather business requirements
- Understand current business process and provide functional design inputs for the proposed technology solution
- Create high quality documentation for Business and Functional Requirements
- Interactions with various cross functional teams like Data, Risk and Finance Platforms etc. to develop plans around strategic flow/store of Risk data.
- Analyze huge data sets, create flow diagrams, prepare high level summaries and workflows
- Work in close co-ordination with the development leads on enhancements and defects, and assist with troubleshooting / resolution of application defects
- Engaging successfully with software developers and testers to ensure quality delivery, on time
- Planning, estimating, managing risks and issues, project reporting, managing stakeholders, and building strong relationships with the business
- Identify opportunities for cost saves and optimizations, in terms of legacy system retirement, eliminating EUC and reducing MTPs
- Team and People Management Responsibilities (Recruit, Train, Develop)
- Vendor Management and assistance in budget planning / contracting
- Possess exceptional knowledge on Fixed Income Securities, shape the strategic architecture for the application by working closely with the development leads and by defining solutions that are robust and aligned with the technology roadmap
- Monitor new developments in data visualization and analysis technology across ICG and in the industry more generally, and provide recommendations about new technology adoption
This role offers the opportunity to partner with Senior Business, Product Control, Finance and Technology leaders and define the next generation Operations Technology platform to be used within Citi's FXLM business. As the platform supports all products traded within FXLM business including FX, Rates, FI, Money Market & Derivatives, the role has high visibility and individual will be considered a critical partner across the various technology and business stakeholder teams.Knowledge/Experience
- At least 10 plus years experience as Business Analyst with any Investment/ Global Bank in the areas of Trade Processing & Risk Management
- At least 15+ years overall experience working in a Banking/Financial services industry
- Should understand full front to back workflow of Fixed Income Securities as traded Globally viz., deal capture, deal execution, risk management, confirmations, accounting, settlements etc,
- Familiarity with SDLC and Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of FX, MM, Options, Bonds, Rates is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ability to transform business requirements into precise functional/technical specifications
- Strong analysis skills ability to create business analysis from scratch, ability to troubleshoot data quality issues
- Ability to work as part of various teams and under pressure
- Planning and Organizing - Ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Accountability -self start on goals and achieve targets
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.Education Level:
Strong academic record ideally with a Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline from a top tier University. Master's degree (MBA) with specialization in Finance from top tier University will be an added advantage.
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ('Citi') invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the '' poster. View the .
View the .