Job Description :
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.Responsibilities:
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Able to provide analysis, program coding, debugging and testing on Java class/Cobol/CICS/Easytrieve/SAS/JCL programs.
- Strong Core Banking domain knowledge on Payment & Transfer, Deposit, Loans, Cash Accounts & Customer demographics etc.
- Familiar with Banking platforms and Banking functionalities, e.g. account opening, interest calculation, funds transfer, time deposits, payment, general ledger, transaction posting, settlement and reconciliation process etc.
In depth business and technical knowledge of the following system: Loan System, Cash account, Deposit, Payment & Funds Transfer, General Ledger, and transaction authorization system.
- Required technical skills in both open source framework and IBM Mainframe with programming hands-on experience, e.g. Java, Spring batch, Restful API, PCF/Openshift Cloud, Hadoop, as well as COBOL / CICS / JCL / Easytrieve / DB2/VSAM for both online and batch
- Conversant in COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, MQ, Files structure concepts; support tool such as AbendAID, Omegamon, Job Scheduler.
- Experience in batch scheduling and monitoring concepts.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with Microservice, PCF/Openshift Cloud, experience in transforming legacy application to cloud based Microservice architecture.
- Usual working hours and willing to provide 24-hour/7-days-per-week on-call support.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ('Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity .
To view the 'EEO is the Law' poster. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement .
To view the EEO Policy Statement .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting .