Job Description :Role & Job Description:
This role will be part of our Application Development/Engineering team, and as an Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst
, will fulfill responsibilities inclusive of, and not limited to below
- Serve as Technical Lead for specific journeys within the GCT Cards & Payments team on key business initiatives
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Bring to bear past experience leveraging best in class tools and technologies (CI/CD, cloud computing, service development) to refine and improve software development practices.
- Engage in innovative problem solving activities, requiring conceptual thinking creating out of the box solutions with prototypes and pilots.
- Foster an environment of engineering excellence and innovation
- Enable the team to scale adoption of TDD/BDD practices to ensure delivery of high quality code with low rates of production defects.
- Instrument services and solutions to ensure deployed software is scalable and reliable.
- Drive high quality of systems design and adherence to global architecture principles
- Lead teams that gather and document technical requirements, code specifications, test plans and results, and other deliverables required for multiple projects, perform analysis, solution & design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of applications
- Provide expertise in technical analysis and be able to resolve complex issues through in-depth evaluation of business processes, system processes
- Ensure alignment to architectural assertions and constantly look for opportunities to modernize application
- Be a self-starter and develop a detailed knowledge of the eco-system the application operates in
- Work effectively with remote teams, with a focus on fostering positive working relationships
- Drive application optimization and tuning with objective to drive running costs down
- Establish collaborative and productive relationships with diverse stakeholder teams located across time zones to arrive at best in class global solutions for the Bank
- Mentor and grow engineers and teams, enabling a culture of technical excellence
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
Core Technical competencies
- Graduate/Post Graduate degree in engineering or computer science streams
- Demonstrable analytical and quantitative skills
- 10-12 years of hands on experience in technical design and delivery of enterprise applications
- Demonstrable experience having led and directed teams
Add on Competencies that would be an advantage:
- Engineering talent with working knowledge and experience integrating enterprise Mainframe systems, modern distributed & cloud technologies, forward-compatible and open to continuous learning would be desirable
- Past roles as a technical/engineering lead with demonstrable experience having led and directed software development teams delivering solutions on Vision Plus Cards processing platform with a focus on the CMS module.
- Experience working with enterprise transaction processing systems with focus on recovery, stability, reliability, scalability and performance
- Extensive experience in having led technical teams, implemented innovative solutions and been responsible for end to end delivery in a combination of following technologies:
- Mainframe Technologies z/OS, COBOL, JCL, CICS, VSAM, DB2, MQ, z/os Connect with hands on experience in a SYSPLEX/CICSPLEX environment and experience with modernizing Mainframe applications
- Good exposure to various Database technologies (DB2/Oracle/MongoDB)
- Experience in designing applications that produce/consume SOAP/Rest web services and/or Open APIs
- Experience working with modern messaging pub/sub technologies like Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Solace etc.
- Experience in performance tuning of complex applications with significant volumes
Other desired Traits:
- Experience working with high volume, mission critical, multithreaded applications and troubleshooting complex issues related to it
- Working Knowledge and Experience with multi cloud technologies, (IaaS, PaaS), use of APIs, and practical implementation of Microservices etc.
- Working Knowledge and Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) concepts & tools. Experience with best in class DevOps pipeline tools - Jira, Bitbucket, RTC, Jenkins, RLM, Sonar, Junit, Service Now, AppDynamics, Splunk etc.
- Working Knowledge and Experience with modern testing methodologies (TDD, BDD) & concepts.
- Working Knowledge and Experience with automating development processes, various levels of automated testing
- A good understanding of the cards & payments industry fundamentals and ongoing payment industry trends
- Ability to work with remote teams across geographies and organization lines
- Strong team player able to motivate team to respond to multiple demands and able to manage changing priorities and meet challenging timelines
- Collaborative and adaptive, with good communication skills. Prior experience working in a large Agile teams using scrum methodology is desirable
- Ability to own delivery responsibilities end to end and be accountable for driving results for the team
- Ability to formulate processes and procedures and quickly put them in to practice
- Strong interpersonal and articulation skills (spoken and written)
- Strong team orientation and commitment to overall team success willing to go above and beyond to ensure team success intense customer focus and commitment to driving quality
- Effective time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with flexibility on time zones and timelines
- Logical thinking, High analytical and problem solving skills innovative and solutions oriented
- Enthusiastic and quick-learner in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to remain abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ('Citi') invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the '' poster. View the .
View the .