Greetings from Team Management Services, an end to end HR consulting services firm!
Currently we have an openingfor Application Support Lead (Managed Services)
with our client. Please go through the belowjobdescription.
Our client is a global product company with $35M revenue and 400 employees. The Company is the largest independent global provider of Enterprise Data Management (EDM) solutions dedicated exclusively to the financial services industry. As the founders of the EDM Council, They has, for the past three decades, taken a global leadership role in all things related to data in the financial markets. Headquartered in New York, the company also has offices in London, Milan, Melbourne, Singapore, Shanghai and its largest office in Mumbai. Today, the company is the industry leader. Their leadership team understands the demands of the global financial markets. The company is financially stable and prepared for the future. They serve top-tier clients located in 12 countries with offerings including EDM Software, Professional Services and a rapidly growing Managed Services offering. Their global clients include: Investment and merchant banks Broker dealers Asset and wealth managers Capital Markets service providers Hedge funds Security services firms Exchanges Government entities
Application Support Lead (Managed Services) Qualifications:
Engineering Graduate with MBA will be a plus Experience:
5-10 years experience in a technology firm with at least 3 years of experience leading teams working in a DevOps and SRE culture/practice Job Location:
Mumbai Job Description:
As an application support lead, we are looking for someone who is passionate about solving problems through innovation and engineering practices. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environmentone that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. You will identify opportunities to improve support quality and efficiency through automation and tool implementation/configuration. This role is a combination of production support and process improvement and efficiency within the global team for the services we provide and tools we utilize.
DevOps and SRE is the direction the team is taking so hands on role is a must. Taking on this role in OnDemand group will need dedication and a will to succeed. We expect our leads to drive forward improvements through innovation and building support tools. A constant evolution of improvements and support practices allows us to further invest in robotics and AI which is part of the roadmap we are building. You will play a leading role in driving up reliability and driving down the cost of support through identifying areas for process improvement, process automation, and scripting solutions. Accountability and primary responsibility/duties:
- Strong technical leader with deep understanding of DevOps and SRE culture and practice (shared Dev Ops system ownership, common goals and collaboration, focus on reliability and supportability / cost of operation), capable and ready to take on a mission of leading the transformation of IT Operations to adopt SRE mindset and best practices, from individual teams to eventually entire org. This is a hands-on technical and cultural leadership role, where personal example (being a role model) is the key to success. Requires deep understanding of the full stack of enterprise technologies, including infrastructure, application and integration layers.
- Application Support (70% working with a 24x7 support team)
- Incident management (including major incidents), troubleshooting and communication
- Problem tickets and action items, root cause analysis
- Ensuring optimum ticket hygiene
- Enforcing ITIL principles
- Monthly service reviews and MIS with customers
- Collaboration and reviews with hosting partners (both Cloud and on-prem)
- Optimizing the alerting framework and tools
- Training and upskilling the team
- Documentation and building knowledge base
- Capacity management
- Server patching and lifecycle management
- Automation, enhancements, improvements (stability, capacity, resiliency) (30%)
- Develop automation and tooling to support SRE activities and achieve specific reliability and supportability goals (reduction of toil, monitoring and alerting efficiency, etc.), for in-scope systems
- Act as a role model / coach / mentor for other SRE Practitioners, leading the OPS transformation, promoting the overall SRE culture and maintaining best practices
- Ensure that the GS critical systems and products are maintained and supported in order to achieve the efficient and effective delivery of services
- Collaborate with product streams and infrastructure SMEs to maximize client experience through the support interface
- Develop, manage and execute organization application support process and procedures
- Mentor team to enhance their technical knowledge and handling complex issues
- Identify incident trends and make appropriate recommendations to prevent incident recurrence
- Developing final solutions for known errors
- Occasional after-hours maintenance
System Administration Skills including:
- Extensive Operations skills including:
- Production support with strong emphasis on event and incident management processes, and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Domain - Experience in banking or reference data domains
- One or more monitoring tools Geneos, ELK/Splunk, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Netcool etc.
- One or more ITSM tools JIRA Service Desk, HPSM, ServiceNow
- One or more enterprise scheduling tools Autosys, Control-M, etc.
- Messaging utilities like UM (MQ) or Kafka
- Solid technical background in J2EE and vendor-based applications.
Extensive database experience including:
- Strong troubleshooting skills on OS (Unix)
- Application server (Jboss EAP), WebLogic/WebSphere
- Cloud AWS/Azure/GCP baseline concepts like EC2, VPCs, WAF, RDS, Dockerisation, Kubernetes, EKS etc.
- Read and analyze system logs
- General troubleshooting Gather stats, AWR reports, etc.
- Strong understanding of SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Read and analyze system logs (ORA errors)
- Business Intelligence skills and setting up data sources SSRS, Tableau, QlikView, Power BI etc
[Good to have] Software Development skills including:
- Automation development skills primarily for developing and delivering microservices - including Shell Scripting (Java Script/NodeJS, Perl, PowerShell & Python)
- Very good understanding and demonstrated use of DevOps tools (Bit bucket, Jenkins, Jules, Automated deployment tools) with CICD capabilities
- Minimum 5 years of hands on L2/L3 application support experience, preferably in finance/reference data domain
- Minimum 3 years of experience in team management of at least 4 people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and master enterprise-specific products
- Ability to diagnose & address application issues
- Ability to explore and understand server and application monitoring tools
- Proficient in knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architecture
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, and architects
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with customers, partners, and developers across the business at all levels
- Able to manage relationships with peers and managers as it relates to support and services Able to translate complex issues in an understandable, organized way
- Master's degree in computers is preferred, from a recognized university
- Minimum ITIL4 Foundation certified
- ITIL v3 expert would be preferred
- Cloud certification (Google or AWS)