As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in anagile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
- Provide application support to Business process and control system (BPCS) related
- different applications and modules based on business processes: - Order Creation,
- Purchase Order Creation, Packing and Shipping, Billing, Service Job Administration, Service Product Administration, Inventory, Accounts Payable & Receivables and
- Invoicing the End customer
- Participate with client in meeting to get the new or change of business requirements
- from the customer and new Implementations
- Analyze the application to solve any issue and help client understand the current
- business functionality
- Maintain AS/400 ROBOT applications specific to BPCS modules
- Handle interface objects such as MQ Series, EDI etc
- In case any new/Change of business requirement, analyzing the business requirements and do impact analysis in response to varying business requirements
- As a part of feasibility of requirement, prepare High/Low level design document
- Plan for Estimate effort & commit on schedule/Delivery date
- Core BPCS Product Development using I-Series based tools and programming
- languages and if required then also design interactive screens on BPCS files
- Post development, Promote and distribute source code to various environments.
- Creating test strategy and test cases scenarios and prepare documents Unit test result, Code Review checklist and Implementation Review Check List
- Service Now for tracking on task (Project / Change Request/Tickets) status and store the project related documents for easy tracking and auditing purposes.
- Update this tracking tool on each phase of development/support and participate with business users and help them for User acceptance Testing
- Provide service support for any Incidents via On Call L2 & L3 support and Job Monitoring activity of main business cycles
- In-depth understanding to ensure that all the quality processes are following up from start of requirement gathering till final delivery of the product/services.
- Experience to provide both L1 & L2 level support for North America Region and other global regions as well (EMEA, APAC, NASA, ANZ, India and Sub-Sahara)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in solving business user issues via tickets which are related to AS/400 & BPCS ERP applications
- Ability to provide guidance and knowledge to other team members on technical and functional tasks via Knowledge Transfer sessions and technical forum discussion
- Expertise in conducting Peer reviews and walks through sessions on the work of another team members to provide better quality deliverables
- Prior experience in coordinating with other applications teams to ensure smooth business activity
- Proficient to help Client for some other Ad hoc activities like BPCS environment setup, Data Clean up and archiving, Data and Object transfer across various AS400 boxes, suggest and implements performance tuning across applications
- Experience in root cause analysis for job halts and provide the code fix for the problem
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications