Job Description :
The Apps Support Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of how apps support integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Vendor relationship management including oversight for all offshore managed service.
- Improve the service level the team provides to our end users, which includes maximizing operational efficiencies, strengthening incident management, problem management and knowledge sharing practices.
- Guide development teams on application stability and supportability improvements.
- Formulate and implement a framework for managing capacity, throughput and latency.
- Define and implemented application on-boarding guidelines and standards.
- Work with various team members on coaching them on how to maximize their potential, work better in a highly integrated team environment and focus on bringing out their strengths.
- Drives continued cost reductions and efficiencies across the portfolios supported by means of Root Cause Analysis reviews, Knowledge management, Performance tuning, and user training
- Evaluates subordinates performance and makes decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Participates in business review meetings, relating technology tools strategies to business requirements.
- Assures adherence to all support process and tool standards and work with Management to create new and/or enhance processes to ensure consistency and quality in 'best practices' across the overall support program
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions) may communicate with external parties
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Post-Graduation in relevant field preferred
- Senior to advanced level experience in an Apps Support role with commensurate experience in people management.
- Experience of senior stakeholder management
- Project management with demonstrable results in improving IT services
- Capacity Planning/Forecasting exposure a plus
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholde
ICG O&T Command Center SVP Regional Lead 'Applications Support Group Manager' - C14Job Summary
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
: The Applications Support Group Manager within the ICG Operations & Technology Control Room will be responsible for developing processes and procedures, and managing a team consisting of both Operations and Technology centric managers and analysts, as part of the creation and implementation of a global, follow-the-sun, 24x7 centralized proactive monitoring, initial triage, escalation, and continuous improvement model applied to end-to-end client and business services.Job Description
: The ICG O&T Control Room will support the Citi Trade and Treasury Solutions (TTS) business organization globally. The Control Room will provide proactive monitoring of end-to-end application flows and business/client queues, ensuring timely investigation of any potentially client impacting issues, and escalating any significant issues to senior management and client facing teams through the Business Command Center. The Regional Lead will ensure a robust and globally consistent approach is taken to continuous improvement through formalized Lessons Learned procedures, and will ensure heightened monitoring is in place for any known significant events, such as large client/volume onboarding, regulatory changes, planned systemic changes, market events, and contingency scenarios.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
. Effectively on-board and manage a team of diverse individuals with strong leadership skills and attention to detail
* Partner with regional colleagues, and senior managers across Operations and Technology, to drive globally consistent and effective processes for business service monitoring and event management
. Ensure timely and appropriate escalation of events impacting either the delivery of TTS offerings to clients or operational risk
. Serve as a liaison between the back-office Operations and Technology and Product Management teams, and lend a business perspective to issue remediation options
. Maintain an application flow knowledge above and beyond the average end user
. Design and monitor application flow and business queue dashboards
. Design and analyze event and performance metrics, ensure adoption of strategic tools for event tracking
. Use management and/or leadership skills to ensure the event recovery team is properly organized, managed, and effectively communicating throughout the life of the incident
. Project management and readiness of initiatives related to TTS stability and operational resilienceJob Skills / Qualifications
: Proven leadership Experience in Financial Services, especially Cash Management, Transactional Banking and Trade Operations is preferred
Crisis management or continuity of business experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to influence and negotiate with senior leaders across functions (may be required to communicate with external parties)
Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills
Understanding of Project Management standards
Experience working with global, multi-region initiatives, projects or teams
Ability to understand and drive solutions to complex problems
Attention to detail, ability to work independently and drive multiple assignments to completion under aggressive deadlines
Flexibility to support global time zones, and some weekend support
Strong client focus, strong interpersonal skills
BA/BS or 5+ years relevant work experience
3 + years people management or leadership experience
Strong MS Office - Excel, Word, Power Point. Excel skills are a must
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ('Citi') invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the '' poster. View the .
View the .