About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The Global MDS Operations team, a team within the Global FM Market Data organization provides global 24/7 operational support and incident management for the firm&rsquos referential and real-time systems, as well as Solace messaging services.
The successful applicant is expected to be proficient in service management and system monitoring, preferably with a technical background (UNIX, Networking, Application support, Market Data or Messaging middleware).
Operational responsibilities include:
- Shift work, as agreed within the team, participating as a team member in the 24/7 Operations team
- Monitor, provide analysis and escalate system faults and alarms
- Liaise with vendors and internal staffs to conclude any faults
- Operate an incident escalation framework, taking ownership of market data incidences and managing them to conclusion.
- Follow and enhance best practices and system operation procedures.
First point of contact for the MDS team: building relationships with technology and business clientsStrategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group&rsquos business strategy and model appropriate values
- Do the right thing in meeting deadlines while delivering quality product
- Challenge and support Group rollouts relating but not limited to continuous Technology Initiatives
- Awareness and understanding of business, economic and market environment in which the Groupoperates
- Ensure effective management of cost centre reallocations along with Accounts Payable and Business
- o provide Level 1 support on SCB Solace Middleware systems for all Standard Chartered users globally, to respond to faults and to requests for change, inc. purchase and delivery of new products and services. Ensure all problems are resolved and Remedy tickets updated in a timely fashion.
- Must have an intimate knowledge of Solace systems appliances and virtual routers. With the ability to configure, deploy, manage and monitor them.
- Manage internal Change controls and incident management on ITIL standards.
- Manage, plan, implement, and subsequently maintain efficient, cost effective, production systems (Infrastructure and Applications) and services to local SCB businesses in line with the IT Technical Standards for Standard Chartered businesses.
- Applying knowledge of IT, Financial products and Best Market Practice to ensure that SCB achieve the best possible return for any investment made within the following arenas,
- networks, market information systems, services and communications.
- Capacity management for IT Infrastructure
- Budget Management.
- Coordinating with other service providers to carry out planned activities
- Personnel Management
- Ensure backup and contingency plans are adequate and reflect current requirement of business.
- Responsible for Quality of Service and meet the terms and conditions as defined in the Service Level Agreement.
- Review and produce BAU operational procedures.
- To ensure processes, guidelines and procedures are in place and enforced for quality in installation, running, operating and support of the Bank SCB Solace Middleware systems. To review & fine-tune the existing processes, guidelines, and procedures by comparing with the industry best practise.
- To evaluate the technology solutions delivered by business and IS and develop the acceptance criteria and process for the operability and supportability of the solutions.
- To ensure that technical solutions proposed satisfy both the immediate and long-term needs of the business and ensure adherence with the Group&rsquos technical and security standards in all aspects of the team&rsquos activities.
- To assist in the provision of business recovery sites to give the ability to conduct business transactions and monitor exposure in the event of a disaster
- To assist in new implementations or upgrades to existing systems, including project management, project tracking and project status reporting.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Proactive in seeing regular assurance that areas of responsibility are performing to an acceptable risk
- and control standard
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are
- addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure
- that it does not materially threaten the Group remaining within risk appetite
- Ensure all material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported in EORP (Enterprise
- Operations Risk Platform)
- Ensure all applicable externals laws and regulations and internal policies, procedures, limits and other
- risk control requirements are implemented and complied with
- Identify for the consideration of Risk Control Owners, activities that should be a focus for independent
- control monitoring
- Propose control enhancements to ensure that any known risks are controlled within acceptable
- boundaries and to consistent standards
- Align business (or functional) strategy with risk appetite and seek to optimise the risk-return profile of the
- Set the right tone for the risk management culture of the team in internal communications and
- performance objectives.
- Ensure they have a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Proactive in seeing regular assurance that areas of responsibility are performing to an acceptable risk and control standard.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/[team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Other ResponsibilitiesOur Ideal Candidate
- FM PSS application TEAMs
- FMIS team globally
- Credit Trading
- FM - Sales
- Wealth management
- Solace training
- Linux training
Skills required and work experience
- 3+ years of Unix System Administration experiences or application support experiences
- Good communication skills
- Good working attitude/Able to do shift work/Work under pressure
- Working with market data real time applications
- Solace messaging or other messaging middleware
Nice to have
- 1+ years of experience in the financial services space (Optional)
- Knowledge of ITRS monitoring tool (Geneos Active Console) (Optional)
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and appliances (Optional)
- Scripting experiences (Optional)
- Application support experiences (Optional)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.