Job Description :
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job DescriptionDepartment Overview
The CLG Accounting team performs various mortgage accounting functions for Business Units, such as the Consumer Lending Group (CLG). The accounting operations functions within Consumer Lending Accounting is primarily responsible for performing general ledger mortgage accounting loan transfers and validations, as well as reconciliation and resolution functions, in support of CLG.About the Role
The Consumer Home Lending Controller’s Group is seeking a high-performing Individual to become part of the Accounting Analytics team. This position will be responsible for supporting the overall data strategy for the Home Lending Controller’s Group in coordination with our business line and corporate partners. The new hire will work with a team of Analytics professionals that support large scale initiatives across CLG, provide a variety of data management, reporting, and analytical services for the accounting and financial reporting teams within Home Lending, as well as multiple stakeholders across CLG and at the corporate level. This role will require strong communication skills, analytical background, strategic orientation and concise and in-depth analysis utilizing multiple querying tools to various areas throughout Wells Fargo, including, but not limited to, the business unit, executive management and communications.Responsibilities
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyzes business issues and make recommendations to maximize operational efficiency, quality and compliance.
- Works independently to analyze and solve complex operational, systems-related and/or customer issues.
- Creates and maintains data repositories to track operation critical processes and provide management reports while interpreting data and identifying trends for managers.
- Administers daily and weekly jobs that populate data repositories to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Works with managers to apply data to business goals and analytical requirements, which may include capacity planning, volume forecasting and unit costing.
- Manages small projects requiring coordination, resource allocation, time management and consultation to other analysts on the team.
- Identify, develop and implement policies, procedures and training materials to assure compliance with government regulations and to maximize efficiency and customer service.
- Offer guidance and serve as a mentor to the other analysts within the team.
- Serve as a valuable resource to the other members of the Servicing Data and Analytics group while promoting knowledge sharing and team collaboration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Market Skills and CertificationsEssential Qualifications
- Qualified CA/CFA/ICWA/MBA-Finance with 7-9 years of experience in Finance & Accounting Significant experience in accounting, analytics ,financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- 6+ years reporting and analytical experience
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation with specific proficiencies within SQL Server and SAS environments including stored procedure/macro creation, data transfers between various platforms, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft’s suite of Office products: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio.
- Ability to independently research, compile, and deliver in-depth analysis on critical operational data in preparation of summary and recommendations based upon that data.
- Possess exceptional troubleshooting, technical, and resolution skills.
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation with specific proficiency within a SAS environment.
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation with specific proficiencies within a SQL Server environment; including stored procedure/macro creation, data transfers between various platforms, etc
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience using mortgage systems to include one or more of the following: Black Knight-MSP/Fidelity, SHAW, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle General Ledger (GL)
- Direct mortgage experience with HFS/HFI portfolios preferred
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.