· Design the overall Finance strategy for the organization in line with goals of MPC
· Drive the design and implementation of all accounting policies and procedures in compliance with accounting standards
· Develop and implement financial control mechanisms to ensure highest levels of fiscal discipline in the organization;
· Develop and implement mechanisms to ensure error-free and time bound accounting operations;
· Ensure efficiency in accounting and related administrative activities;
· Oversee consolidation of financial statements and preparation of financial statements for the organization;
· Ensure timely preparation and publication of Annual Report of the organization;
· Ensure timely completion of external statutory audits of Company records;
· Ensure timely availability of accurate financial information to all Stakeholders;
Budget Planning and Funds Management
· Facilitate the formulation of the annual budget for MPC by collating budget estimates from each department
· Facilitate the budget allocation exercise;
· Monitor release of funds to various departments in alignment with the allocated budgets;
· Ensure effective utilization of funds for carrying out its operations; undertake cost control measures.
· Undertake periodic Tax Planning exercises to ensure minimum tax burden for the organization;
· Ensure timely and accurate payment of necessary taxes;
· Interface with statutory authorities for all applicable compliance requirements i.e. service tax, excise, customs duty etc.
· Develop Project Management Information Systems for effective monitoring of project costs;
· Analyze information on Projects to identify deviations and initiate appropriate action;
· Ensure timely compilation and circulation of financial reports to relevant authorities.
Bills and Payments
· Approve the bills submitted by various Departments and oversee timely clearance of same.