Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst plays a key role on the product management team to translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications, to help communicate these specifications to Development and to maintain changes to these specifications in an agile development environment. In addition the Business Analyst will play a key role in working with the quality assurance team to help develop test plans, certify adherence to functional specifications and deliver a market-ready product.
Senior Business analyst should have deep knowledge of the technology product and has experience in a variety of implementation contexts in varying organizations, and sometimes industries. He or she helps organizations and stakeholders define the usage and integration with other systems and implement the features and functions of the technology product to meet business requirements.
Designation: Senior Business Analyst
Experience: 6 + years
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 6 – 8 years of experience working in software (enterpriseapplication) development
· Experience automating complex business processes
· Global Trade Management or Supply Chain Management domain preferred
· Strong communication skills and inclusive style. (will ask for samples of written communications and authored specifications)
· Ability to interact with and influence stakeholders across an organization
· Experience identifying opportunities for process and system improvements either in existing designs or by adopting new functionalities in the software
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize and manage time, and meet aggressive deadlines
· Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC), Agile Methodology
· Knowledge of technology structures: Database, XML Technology, Data exchange protocol, Communications
· Data extraction, transformation and loading, output (report) design and data queries (SQL)
· Collaborates with Product Managers, trade content subject matter experts, and Development to identify and document future requirements and translate them into functional specifications.
· Refines requirements with industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow diagrams, and functional decomposition analysis. The Analyst will confirm requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
· Works closely with Development and Quality Assurance to support testing against application requirements. Researches and resolves defects with business and technical teams. Assists the QA team to define and create test data as needed.
· Works with Business Analyst team to deliver complex business solutions
· Compares business requirements to delivered system to ensure all requirements are met and function as designed.
· Gains expertise in the domain of global trade management domain and the technology platforms of the company.
· Demonstrates strong functional expertise in assigned areas
· Assist Product Managers with Sprint & Road Map Planning, Customer Advisory Meetings, Product Concepts and Strategy
· Prepare and draft stories (breakdown of the stories for the sprints)
· Overall accountability for Requirements identification, definition and fulfilment
· Setup data, validate & certify the application features , capture necessary documentation and ability to train