Synchrony’s exciting new Credit Innovation initiatives will provide unprecedented opportunities to develop and deliver our future underwriting capabilities and vision. The new Analytics platform will play a critical role in identifying new trends which will help in reducing overall credit and fraud losses.
We must drive a fundamental shift in our underwriting strategy through Advanced Data/Analytics to continue to compete and win in the rapidly evolving lending space.
We are looking for an innovative and naturally curious AVP who will play a central role in working with internal and external parties to deliver on Big Data/Advanced Analytics projects. These projects require use of significantly large datasets sourced from variety of internal and external data sources and systems.
As the AVP, you’d be responsible for mining these datasets to help drive the credit innovation initiatives through development of actionable analytics for consumption by various teams. We are looking for candidates who are curious and passionate about mining data and have experience in programming (Python, Spark, R, C++, Java and/or Scala) and modern analytics.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
• Support the development of the Analytics Platform initiative
• Lead Credit Innovation team and provide thought leadership to the team
• Engage with external and internal parties to understand data from different sources
• Analyze and explore datasets to find opportunities for fraud / credit innovation through data analytics.
• Independently extract, analyze & import data from multiple technology systems/platforms and related data sources into the analytics platform
• Partner with end user appropriately configure / develop analytical working environments and reporting capabilities
• Partner with SME’s across the organization to accelerate learning of data structure and contents Create metrics to measure/track performance of initiatives
• Excellent Communication skills to be able to present findings to senior management
• Work closely with rest of the team to provide necessary guidance and support
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years’ experience with data/analytics in the banking/financial services industry, credit/fraud strategy, modeling
• 3+ years in coding with Python, R, C++, Java, Scala or other equivalent programming language
• Natural curiosity and passion to drive change in consumer banking for the better
• Master's degree preferred in computer programming, computer science, mathematics, engineering, or other quantitative fields
• Proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail and quality control of work product.
• Ability to accurately condense large amounts of information and present in a simple, cogent manner to senior level management
• Experience in Financial Services or Retail industry
• Demonstrated excellent planning and organizational skills
• Experience collaborating with teams of internal and external technical staff, business analysts, software support and operations staff.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and presentation to business users or management teams
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages and tools
Hitech City, Madhapur, Hyderabad - 500081
Timings : 10am to 6pm
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD