A career in the Indian Insurance sector can be quite challenging but also rewarding. The insurance industry in India is the fifth largest life insurance market in the emerging insurance economies globally and is growing at 33% per annum.
An agency sales manager's primary responsibility is to manage agency channel sales for the company. He/ she is responsible for managing agents, training agents and achieving sales targets for the team.
The Job Role and Responsibilities
An agency sales manager's job role and responsibilities would include
• Planning and target setting for the agent sales team
• Formulating sales strategies for different products and achieving targets
• Recruitment and management of agency channel team members
• Training, motivating and development of team members
Competencies and Skills Required
Primary job responsibilities of an agency sales manager are sales target achievement and effective team management. The manager is expected to demonstrate excellent salesmanship and team leadership. Some qualities that potential recruiters look for in candidates are:
• Sales acumen - The candidate should have practical intelligence and ability to handle different sales related situations
• Result Orientation- The candidate should be performance oriented and should give due importance to goal setting, performing and achieving.
• Interpersonal Skills- A good sales manager must have excellent interpersonal skills and should be approachable for his team members
• Ability to work in high pressure environment- Insurance sales is target driven and an agency sales manager must be able to thrive under stress and help his team cope with it too
• Ability to Multitask - The candidate must be able to prioritize and handle multiple work responsibilities simultaneously
• Industry Knowledge - Candidate needs to be well versed with product knowledge and industry trends in order to do consultative selling.
life insurance,banca,team handling,Team Management,People Management,team leader,Senior Relationship Manager,bank,banking,sales manager,Business Development Manager,Unit Manager,Sales Development Manager
Job Description :
To ensure customer service and support all operations. To create customer delight at every interaction.
Interacting with external customers and internal customers and addressing their queries, requests and complaints.
Committed TATs are met consistently
Complaints Management- addressing customer complaints at the branch, system updation, coordination with Sales/HUB/ other functions for resolution.
Refunds processing and dispatch
Undelivered policy documents tracking and management.
Maintenance of all files and registers.
New Business Processing:-
Handling end to end New business processing starting from creation of Client id,Case start up, New business login, Follow up for policy issuance, Quality Check
Follow up with HUB for policy issuance of pending cases