We're seeking an amazing Test Automation Engineer to help us to build a hardware-in-the-loop tester for the global leader in access solutions and products.
The project is divided into three parts: Instrumented product, Test Harness, and Test sequencer. The instrumented product is test code written in the DUT embedded code base, and is maintained by the firmware group. It gives access to the DUT features, sets the DUT into test mode, supports query of the hardware/software states, and allow the test harness ability to run automated tests. The test harness is a DLL written in C# that communicates to the DUT using a UART to USB converter to do test setup and test execution. The test harness also contains the API connectivity to the Test Sequencer. The Test Sequencer is the test engine written in C# that runs a series of defined test steps that make up the various product test cases. The test cases are written XML, and are created and executed using the test sequencer. This tool chain is designed to run either on the engineers desk, or on a continues integration environment (CI). The test results on the product performance are reported out to the engineers.
- Develop software applications in the high level language of C#.net using Winforms.
- Develop software applications that provide coverage of all significant permutations of product behavior and validate all features.
- Ensure test coverage of new and existing features.
- Specify, qualify, debug, and maintain automated software.
- Diagnose software test failures during product testing.
- Ensure effective change control management is implemented on test automation hardware and software.
- Qualify, validate, and establish reliability and reproducibility for the test equipment.
- Advocate for testing, testing best practices, testing methodologies, and discipline!
- Proven working experience with textual programming languages such as C#.
- 4+ years of experience in the QA, software development and test automation field.
- Substantial experience with various laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power supplies, function generators, and multi-meters.
- Substantial experience with basic electronics such as microprocessors, motor control, timers, counters, serial communications, memory devices, radios, etc.
- Substantial experience with testing techniques for software and software controlled electromechanical systems.
- Extensive hardware-in-the-loop testing and general problem solving skills.
Nice to have
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Expertise on hardware-in-the-loop testing and general problem solving skills.
- International travel required