TECHNICAL TRAINER, BANGALORE
This position is responsible for delivering technical courses to employees and channel partners. Courses will be
delivered in traditional lecture/lab settings, and, at times, on-line. There could be opportunities where this person is
involved in updating and creating the vSphere new hire curriculum
• Delivering technical courses for employees, partners, and internal employees
• Deliver New Hire Technical Training Program to Bangalore and other centers as needed.
• Upskill on new versions of vSphere and other VMware products as needed.
• Working with fellow instructors to improve training materials and delivery as needed.
• Own the 4 to 5 week technical training program end-end.
• Traveling 10% of the time
• Mentoring new trainers, and providing support to other trainers, especially those based off-site as needed.
• Will need to be VCP certified within 6 months of joining the role.
• Can pursue VCAP certification as well.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• 2+ years’ experience teaching technical material, preferably at the operating system level and below
• 5+ years’ experience in technical industry, preferably as a technical support engineer
• Knowledge of systems administration, networking, client/server applications and hardware configuration
• Knowledge of systems administration in Linux/UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems
• Good practical working ability with Linux and/or Windows utilities and applications
• Experience doing and/or teaching one or more of the following: Linux/UNIX System Administration,
Server Hardware Maintenance, x86 Hardware Configuration, Windows 2000+ Server Systems
Administration, Storage Area Networks, Linux/UNIX Kernel Configuration & Tuning, Windows Server and
Technical Support University Job Description
• Strong experience in Virtualization technologies, such as Microsoft HyperV ,VMware ESXi, (Preferably VMware
• Exposure to tools for virtual infrastructure monitoring such as Microsoft SCVMM, VMware vCenter Operations
Manager, Hyperic etc.
• Strong experience in Storage Area Networks (SAN), managing Datacenter Networks
• Exposure to cloud computing domain, key players and technologies
• Ability to Install, Configure, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere
• Exposure to virtual machine backups, disaster recovery solutions is an added advantage
• Good understanding of High-Availability (HA), Cluster architectures, deployments & Experienced in HA solutions
• Excellent understanding of Datacenter Organization, including hardware configurations and networking
• Experience on Compute, Networking & Storage infrastructure
• Self-starter, taking initiative and requiring minimal oversight
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP) and VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) preferred
• Practical knowledge of modern electronic education delivery channels (eLearning) and systems (learning
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent Presentation Skills
• Passion for training and technology