Should have 3.5-7years of experience in Mainframe production support activities.
- Must have experience in COBOL, JCL, DB2, CICS, VSAM
- Should have total responsibility for the creation, migration, and ownership of the schedules, JCL and PROCs, Parmlibs, and other batch resources.
- Should have a vested interest in having a smooth-running and error-free environment and make sure that all work load SLAs are met for the current processing cycle.
- Should be the first-line of the contact for a production issue. Should have the ability to handle JCL errors, restarts, etc. and then escalate issues that need more hands-on resolution, i.e. bad data, missing files, program abends, etc.
- Program and code fixes should be offloaded to the responsible applications support teams.
- Candidate must have good interpersonal skills.
- Candidate should be able to collect adhoc report / analysis requirements from the stakeholders and respond effectively
- Should have broad vision of the role. Must be able to foresee results of task performed.
- Must be able to handle pressure & manage the work load in dynamic environment
- Candidate must have good communications skills & must be able to interact with vendors & internal application teams
- Candidate should be result oriented and must take task to closure.
- Most importantly, candidate should have ability to adapt to change, should be innovative, enthusiastic & bring in new ideas for continuous improvement to process
- Considering the dynamics of the work environment; candidate should be flexible to put in extra hours whenever necessary.
- Candidate should be able to work as a team and bring value add to the process