The Sr Infrastructure Engineer is a critical and highly visible within for Imaging Platforms team in GE Healthcare. This role is responsible for supporting, designing & implementing Infrastructure strategy for complex software platform.
• Good understanding of concurrent software development, its effect on build management & releasing the builds across versions & environments.
• Own Infrastructure across builds, releases, deployments and continuous integration process for Imaging platform (Coreload and EDGE)
• Owns/contributes to manage and improve software release process, focusing on scale and efficiency, from Infra stand point and drive consistent build environments across multiple environments.
• In depth understanding of Virtualization technologies such as KVM, Vmware ESX, VirtIO, Xen etc.
• Good exposure of setting up and managing on-premise cloud infrastructure such as OpenStack.
• In depth understanding of SDN(Software Defined Networking).
• Sound knowledge of physical networking, network topologies and protocols.
• Hands on with racking, maintaining and troubleshooting server hardware such as HP Proliant Servers.
• Demonstrate authority in developing and executing automated builds and scripts in Shell and/or Python.
• Familiarity with configuration management/provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Heat etc.
• Good understanding of RAID methodologies.
• Exposure on Docker and Kubernetes Orchestration.
• Good understanding of storage technologies such as SAN, NAS, GlusterFS, Ceph etc.